The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] P605 LTE What service

OP alynch75

21st January 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwc

If your Note 3 isn't using LTE when it gets those speeds, then 'maybe'. Because the P605 doesn't have a perfect match for US freqs it still may not. I'm not sure where you are located, but if it's in a refarmed area you should (P605 supports HSPA on 1900). Here is the link (hope it goes) for the refarmed areas:

http://support.t-mobile.com/communit...ization-update

Sorry, I'm just learning all this too, and I can't really give you a definitive answer!

Hey bro you've been a big help. Thanks. I bought the tablet without knowing this issue. Anyway, I get a 4G LTE signal on my Note 3 so I guess that's LTE speed. I'm in Houston, TX and it says in the link you posted that we are one of the modernized market so we'll see.
26th January 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

181 posts
Has anyone gotten the P605 to work on AT&T
Has anyone gotten this thing to work on the AT&T go Plans?

I need a carrier with a good rate that uses the AT&T network. Previously I would put my international devices on the go phone plan since it sees it in the system as a dumb phone however with this one it won't connect to the data. Gives me a message that I need to add a supported data plan.
26th January 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #13  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alynch75

Has anyone gotten this thing to work on the AT&T go Plans?

I need a carrier with a good rate that uses the AT&T network. Previously I would put my international devices on the go phone plan since it sees it in the system as a dumb phone however with this one it won't connect to the data. Gives me a message that I need to add a supported data plan.

Check out

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011...and-plans.html
27th January 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #14  
Ok guys. Tried my TMO sim on this note 10.1 and it's only getting hspa+. I run a speedtest and got 11/3 d/u speed.
It's a lot better if I tether my note 3, I'm getting the same speed I get from phone.
27th January 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #15  
Flag San Diego

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628

Ok guys. Tried my TMO sim on this note 10.1 and it's only getting hspa+. I run a speedtest and got 11/3 d/u speed.
It's a lot better if I tether my note 3, I'm getting the same speed I get from phone.

Because the P605 doesn't support LTE in the US frequencies, HSDPA+ is the best you will be able to do. Your note 3 is tuned to use the LTE freqs here.
27th January 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #16  
Quote:

Because the P605 doesn't support LTE in the US frequencies, HSDPA+ is the best you will be able to do. Your note 3 is tuned to use the LTE freqs here.

Yeah I was told about that. I just want to see how big is the difference. Making me think twice about this LTE version but I prefer the Snapdragon over Exynos.

Are all Wifi version on Exynos SOC?
27th January 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #17  
Flag San Diego

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628

Yeah I was told about that. I just want to see how big is the difference. Making me think twice about this LTE version but I prefer the Snapdragon over Exynos.

Are all Wifi version on Exynos SOC?

All WiFi versions are Exynos...
The Following User Says Thank You to marshwc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #18  
Quote:

All WiFi versions are Exynos...

I see. Thanks.
Maybe thats one reason I'll stick with this LTE version. Maybe someday TMO will utilize the same band. I hope

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread