Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 49,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P605 LTE What service

Tip us?

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwc View Post
If your Note 3 isn't using LTE when it gets those speeds, then 'maybe'. Because the P605 doesn't have a perfect match for US freqs it still may not. I'm not sure where you are located, but if it's in a refarmed area you should (P605 supports HSPA on 1900). Here is the link (hope it goes) for the refarmed areas:

http://support.t-mobile.com/communit...ization-update

Sorry, I'm just learning all this too, and I can't really give you a definitive answer!
Hey bro you've been a big help. Thanks. I bought the tablet without knowing this issue. Anyway, I get a 4G LTE signal on my Note 3 so I guess that's LTE speed. I'm in Houston, TX and it says in the link you posted that we are one of the modernized market so we'll see.

alynch75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Has anyone gotten the P605 to work on AT&T

Has anyone gotten this thing to work on the AT&T go Plans?

I need a carrier with a good rate that uses the AT&T network. Previously I would put my international devices on the go phone plan since it sees it in the system as a dumb phone however with this one it won't connect to the data. Gives me a message that I need to add a supported data plan.

marshwc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alynch75 View Post
Has anyone gotten this thing to work on the AT&T go Plans?

I need a carrier with a good rate that uses the AT&T network. Previously I would put my international devices on the go phone plan since it sees it in the system as a dumb phone however with this one it won't connect to the data. Gives me a message that I need to add a supported data plan.
Check out

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011...and-plans.html

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Ok guys. Tried my TMO sim on this note 10.1 and it's only getting hspa+. I run a speedtest and got 11/3 d/u speed.
It's a lot better if I tether my note 3, I'm getting the same speed I get from phone.

marshwc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
Ok guys. Tried my TMO sim on this note 10.1 and it's only getting hspa+. I run a speedtest and got 11/3 d/u speed.
It's a lot better if I tether my note 3, I'm getting the same speed I get from phone.
Because the P605 doesn't support LTE in the US frequencies, HSDPA+ is the best you will be able to do. Your note 3 is tuned to use the LTE freqs here.

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Because the P605 doesn't support LTE in the US frequencies, HSDPA+ is the best you will be able to do. Your note 3 is tuned to use the LTE freqs here.
Yeah I was told about that. I just want to see how big is the difference. Making me think twice about this LTE version but I prefer the Snapdragon over Exynos.

Are all Wifi version on Exynos SOC?

marshwc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
Yeah I was told about that. I just want to see how big is the difference. Making me think twice about this LTE version but I prefer the Snapdragon over Exynos.

Are all Wifi version on Exynos SOC?
All WiFi versions are Exynos...
The Following User Says Thank You to marshwc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jinda628
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
All WiFi versions are Exynos...
I see. Thanks.
Maybe thats one reason I'll stick with this LTE version. Maybe someday TMO will utilize the same band. I hope