Full screen mode for apps

OP bobsie41

27th January 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 303

1,713 posts
Donate to Me
I am running stock android 4.2.2 unrooted and I notice that some apps will utilise the full screen by hiding the navigation and notification bars when streaming video content. This occurs in apps such as Netflix, youtube, play movies, skygo and, I am sure, many others too. Unfortunately, in apps such as BBC iplayer, ITV player, BBC sport, the navigation bar remains.
I am aware that solutions for this can be found using root methods but, my question is, can the apk of individual apps be edited so that I can have this ability on an unrooted system?
27th January 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41

I am running stock android 4.2.2 unrooted and I notice that some apps will utilise the full screen by hiding the navigation and notification bars when streaming video content. This occurs in apps such as Netflix, youtube, play movies, skygo and, I am sure, many others too. Unfortunately, in apps such as BBC iplayer, ITV player, BBC sport, the navigation bar remains.
I am aware that solutions for this can be found using root methods but, my question is, can the apk of individual apps be edited so that I can have this ability on an unrooted system?

You can try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orn.FullScreen

The paid version let's you choose which apps (whitelist) will automatically use fullscreen and which do not.
The Following User Says Thank You to transient_itch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hornsea
Thanks Meter: 303

1,713 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by transient_itch

You can try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orn.FullScreen

The paid version let's you choose which apps (whitelist) will automatically use fullscreen and which do not.

Thanks for the answer but this needs root

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread