XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

something wrong with software update

Tip us?

kms108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731
Default something wrong with software update

Just tried to perform a software update with the FOTA on my i9192, 4.2.2 on I9192xxuamh3, this is stock rom.
My phone has not been modded in anyway, and previously it shows I have the latest F/W, today it say's my phone has been modified and cannot perform update, I have check the status through the about device and through the android download.
after a battery pull, all went back to normal, has anyone got this message before or is it just a bug.
Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE N9005
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

ThuGzta
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
Just tried to perform a software update with the FOTA on my i9192, 4.2.2 on I9192xxuamh3, this is stock rom.
My phone has not been modded in anyway, and previously it shows I have the latest F/W, today it say's my phone has been modified and cannot perform update, I have check the status through the about device and through the android download.
after a battery pull, all went back to normal, has anyone got this message before or is it just a bug.

Yes mate, I have had this problem most often. The status shows modified but after a restart, or even the battery out, it goes back to Official. It also happens in the S3. Over my research I have also found out that its the memory card that does that. I dont know how that and that can relate. But it does happen so dont worry as long as it gets back on Official.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThuGzta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kms108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuGzta View Post
Yes mate, I have had this problem most often. The status shows modified but after a restart, or even the battery out, it goes back to Official. It also happens in the S3. Over my research I have also found out that its the memory card that does that. I dont know how that and that can relate. But it does happen so dont worry as long as it gets back on Official.
I've used samsung phones for many years and android phone from 19000, first time this has happened.

thanks
Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE N9005
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]