something wrong with software update

27th January 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 846

4,732 posts
Just tried to perform a software update with the FOTA on my i9192, 4.2.2 on I9192xxuamh3, this is stock rom.
My phone has not been modded in anyway, and previously it shows I have the latest F/W, today it say's my phone has been modified and cannot perform update, I have check the status through the about device and through the android download.
after a battery pull, all went back to normal, has anyone got this message before or is it just a bug.
27th January 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Just tried to perform a software update with the FOTA on my i9192, 4.2.2 on I9192xxuamh3, this is stock rom.
My phone has not been modded in anyway, and previously it shows I have the latest F/W, today it say's my phone has been modified and cannot perform update, I have check the status through the about device and through the android download.
after a battery pull, all went back to normal, has anyone got this message before or is it just a bug.

Yes mate, I have had this problem most often. The status shows modified but after a restart, or even the battery out, it goes back to Official. It also happens in the S3. Over my research I have also found out that its the memory card that does that. I dont know how that and that can relate. But it does happen so dont worry as long as it gets back on Official.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThuGzta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 846

4,732 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuGzta

Yes mate, I have had this problem most often. The status shows modified but after a restart, or even the battery out, it goes back to Official. It also happens in the S3. Over my research I have also found out that its the memory card that does that. I dont know how that and that can relate. But it does happen so dont worry as long as it gets back on Official.

I've used samsung phones for many years and android phone from 19000, first time this has happened.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread