Tip us?

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
I haven't been able to reproduce the freeze yet. Ran the tablet on rom2sd for more than an hour with all kinds of apps, Netflix, Quadrant etc - works like a charm.
I did format the ext4 partitions before installing rom2sd (yet again). Maybe I finally got it right?
Possibly but like that said we've had this issue with some cards since data2sd days. If it does happen again, grab a logcat and post it up. I bet it will report file system errors.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxp888 View Post
Ok, got adb up and running. The full logcat is attached. I used the most verbose logging and the last responsive thing I was able to do was go into settings and attempt to keep wifi on in the low power settings (this occurs at 11:12:34.489 in the log). The tablet obviously saves this setting however the screen fails to update or register input after this point and actually continues to highlight the check box for that setting option as if I was continually touching it. I let the tablet run for a while to see if it was just laggy, but it failed to respond for over ten minutes... Anyways, let me know what you think and I'll be happy to test any theories.

(as a side note, you'll probably notice my wifi continually disconnecting and reconnecting, but my tablet has done that since I purchased it so it's probably unrelated).
Will have a proper look later, but on first glance your tab seems to have real difficulties staying connected to your router.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development

maxp888
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
your tab seems to have real difficulties staying connected to your router.
Haha... Yea that's an understatement... Think it's actually a router/generic android problem as my gs4 and my roommate's gs4 and tablet all have problems staying connected at home and on other networks they work fine.

Appreciate you taking the time to check this out and love all the work you do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Haha... Yea that's an understatement... Think it's actually a router/generic android problem as my gs4 and my roommate's gs4 and tablet all have problems staying connected at home and on other networks they work fine.

Appreciate you taking the time to check this out and love all the work you do.

I'd solve the router issues first - it might be the root cause. Either reboot it or reset it, use WiFi analyser to get a good channel. If that doesn't work kill it and get a decent one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

maxp888
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hmmm never thought that would be anything more than an annoyance, but it's a good idea. I'll bring my tab to work Monday and see if it freezes there where I know the network is reliable.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmmm never thought that would be anything more than an annoyance, but it's a good idea. I'll bring my tab to work Monday and see if it freezes there where I know the network is reliable.

It's just there are so many log entries related to wifi and connections.......

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

maxp888
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
well, used the tab on the office wifi for several hours with no freezes and brought it home where it froze after about 10 minutes.

Looks like the router is the culprit which means I now have an excuse to buy a new one...
The Following User Says Thank You to maxp888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well, used the tab on the office wifi for several hours with no freezes and brought it home where it froze after about 10 minutes.

Looks like the router is the culprit which means I now have an excuse to buy a new one...
Sounds like a good idea. Unlessnit is really old try resetting it first.

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!