S4 active microphone problem

Tip us?

AfXv237
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S4 active microphone problem

Hello,

I have bought a S4 Active from new and ever since I have problems with the microphone near the charging slot. So, if I want to talk to anybody I have to put it on speaker so I can be heard. I have read couple threads but my problem still isn't fixed. I tried with a needle to sting/clean the small hole of the microphone but it made no differece. I searched for apps but found nothing.

Note: if i speak really close to the mic and really loud i can be heard normally.

Ps. I dont have a warranty to get another one instead.

tiskael
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfXv237 View Post
Hello,

I have bought a S4 Active from new and ever since I have problems with the microphone near the charging slot. So, if I want to talk to anybody I have to put it on speaker so I can be heard. I have read couple threads but my problem still isn't fixed. I tried with a needle to sting/clean the small hole of the microphone but it made no differece. I searched for apps but found nothing.

Note: if i speak really close to the mic and really loud i can be heard normally.

Ps. I dont have a warranty to get another one instead.
If you've bought it new you have warranty unless you voided it in which case how did you void it because that may have been the cause of your microphone not working...

AfXv237
Old
(Last edited by AfXv237; 27th January 2014 at 01:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael View Post
If you've bought it new you have warranty unless you voided it in which case how did you void it because that may have been the cause of your microphone not working...
Mate, no offence, but your comment is completely irrelevant. I did not ask you what caused my microphone to stop working properly. In fact, it worked only in the first couple days. It is a general well-known problem for S4 active. I asked for a solution, not for an arrogant remark. I bought it from new but not from a retailer (yes, it is original and fully-working, and it is possible in my country. Briefly, I do not have warranty and I did not void anything.), but this has nothing to do with the topic. I asked for a possible solution. Nothing more.

Regards

tiskael
Old
Thanks Meter 11
So why doesn't it have warranty? There's a million possible solutions, flash a new ROM, factory reset, try installing a different dialer and using that. No offence mate, but you haven't really told us much except only your speaker phone works so you decided to stick a needle in your mic. If it was a software issue before, it could be a hardware issue now.

First thing I'd do is see if it is the dialer that it's stuffing up, try a voice recording app. If this doesn't work, is your phone rooted? If it is, and that's why your warranty is void, you can either try and 'unroot' in a way that makes Samsung think you haven't played with it, or you can try and find the dialer apk, delete (back up) your current one and replace it with a new one. I know there's instructions to do this, on a mobile so I can't find them.

Other than this, as I said, the basic go to's are ROM flash or factory reset. Back up first.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk