Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring Titanium backup

Tip us?

thealley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Restoring Titanium backup

Hi,

Before changing ROM from stock to Paranoid Android, I did a backup with Titanium and restored everything successfully. The only thing that I can't restore are the contacts. A popup tells me that it was done with a different ROM, but I ignore the prompt, and continue with the restore. However the contacts are not shown in my Contacts app or in the telephone directory. Unfortunately with the stock ROM I hadn't synched with Google, so I'm asking for any ideas how I could get this backup to restore... One option maybe is to go back to stock, do a Google synch, and then move back to Paranoid Android, but that would involve too much work... I don't know maybe the Titanium backup could be converted so as to be readable in Excel and I copy them manually??

Thanks for your help!

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try another tbkp version...

bennlucky7
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Me too, but now i use google contact and my contact already restore after login in playstore

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

thealley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 457023934 View Post
Try another tbkp version...
Hi, what do you mean using another Titanium backup version? The backup was done with the same Titanium version. The problem is that it was made with a different ROM and wouldn't restore in the new ROM.