[Q] Bricked phone help plase

OP killingjoke87

26th January 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've looked through dozens of solutions and nothing is working.

Bricked my GS3 with a custom ROM. Messed up data partition and nothing would boot.

Did this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605812 and got a fail on Odin the first time. Did it again and it got hung on "system" for close to 2 hours with no progress. I found 2 older Stock ROMS and both failed very quickly

home+power+vup brings me to a screen that says something about using kies for recovery
home+power+vdown brings me to odin screen

Odin screen BEFORE said custom binary 3, current binary custom, system status custom, secure boot enable, warranty bit 0, bootloader ap swrev 1.

Odn screen NOW says custom binary 3, current binary samsung official, system status custom, secure boot enable, warranty bit 0, bootloader ap swrev 1.
I'm currently doing the original way i started in the link i posted. 40+ min and little progress. Maybe it takes this long? I can always go to the Odin screen so i have hope but not looking good. =(
26th January 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brockton, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,228

1,890 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killingjoke87

I've looked through dozens of solutions and nothing is working.

Bricked my GS3 with a custom ROM. Messed up data partition and nothing would boot.

Did this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2605812 and got a fail on Odin the first time. Did it again and it got hung on "system" for close to 2 hours with no progress. I found 2 older Stock ROMS and both failed very quickly

home+power+vup brings me to a screen that says something about using kies for recovery
home+power+vdown brings me to odin screen

Odin screen BEFORE said custom binary 3, current binary custom, system status custom, secure boot enable, warranty bit 0, bootloader ap swrev 1.

Odn screen NOW says custom binary 3, current binary samsung official, system status custom, secure boot enable, warranty bit 0, bootloader ap swrev 1.
I'm currently doing the original way i started in the link i posted. 40+ min and little progress. Maybe it takes this long? I can always go to the Odin screen so i have hope but not looking good. =(

are you using a blackberry cable? and go here to download stock rom.
27th January 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Redwood City, CA
Thanks Meter: 350

480 posts
More
You cannot flash an older tar file. Be sure you're flashing whatever or newer tar file you were on or newer one. Also use a download manager to download the latest stock tar that way you will get the full complete tar without it failing.

I use Odin 1.87 it works great, Don't check repartition and don't use a pit file.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

If you can get into download mode then you shouldn't have any issues getting back to stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread