Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot Download OTA

Tip us?

Nilpo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Backing up isn't too difficult on JB. I've done it manually as well as with Helium and other apps throughout the rooting/experimenting process. It's been my experience that those app backups don't restore properly and I'm left starting over anyway. The issues could be app specific, but I honestly don't remember which apps didn't work now.

Of course, I suppose it's all a small price to pay to have a phone that actually works when I connect my BT headset.

mrbillishere
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Where does one find the stock recovery?

I hope this isn't silly, but I've been running custom recovery forever and I'm blanking as to where to locate/d-load the stock recovery.

thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrbillishere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nilpo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillishere View Post
Where does one find the stock recovery?

I hope this isn't silly, but I've been running custom recovery forever and I'm blanking as to where to locate/d-load the stock recovery.

thanks!
Not sill at all. I have an image that I believe is the stock recovery, but how can I be sure?

mrbillishere
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpo View Post
Not sill at all. I have an image that I believe is the stock recovery, but how can I be sure?
OK, well after dusting off the cobwebs and reading some threads for the Intl version I learned this... the stock firmware will also contain the radios and stock recovery. So now I'm looking for the correct firmware to match my phone's CID and Modelid. The command to dump these variables out is 'fastboot getvar all'

My AT&T OneX+ reported this:

(bootloader) modelid: PM6310000
(bootloader) cidnum: CWS__001

There's a txt file in the firmware.zip that will contain a list of the applicable CID numbers the firmware can apply to. Evidently since our phones are S-on an entry in the list must correspond to the device's reported CID.

So now I'm searching for an updated firmware.zip

Nilpo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
You can find the stock rom here as found in this thread.