When will Plex support casting music?

OP edoson

27th January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

54 posts
Hi all,

I really like the plex app. Nicely detects and presents all my media collection. I do find it irritating that music casting is still unsupported, although they demand me to pay to cast. If you ask me to pay for casting - allow me to cast my media. If you cant support full media casting - dont ask for my money. That's how I see it.

Anyway, Does anyone knows when will casting music be supported?
27th January 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,827 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoson

Hi all,

I really like the plex app. Nicely detects and presents all my media collection. I do find it irritating that music casting is still unsupported, although they demand me to pay to cast. If you ask me to pay for casting - allow me to cast my media. If you cant support full media casting - dont ask for my money. That's how I see it.

Anyway, Does anyone knows when will casting music be supported?

No one knows when but yes it will support music and pictures eventually.
It actually requires a more sophisticated player app than required for just movies. A Movie is play one file and done.

Music and pictures to be done correctly requires playlist functionality which means there needs to be a way to put a playlist on the CCast and update it during playback since it is the CCast that makes the request for media. not the other way around.

So they either have to add a Queue to the control protocol that the CCast can use to request the next file or do some trickery on the Server side to build a playlist that the CCast checks at the end of each file to see if there is more to play.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread