Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 50,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Q&HELP] put apk taken from touchwiz into a rom

Tip us?

lejdstrom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [Q&HELP] put apk taken from touchwiz into a rom

First of all sorry for my bad english I'm French,

So i tried to put, for instance stock touchwiz sms app into optix rom (gret rom !!!).
i have placed it in System/app then i flashed it and the app didn't appear in app drawer.

I'm wondering if it's possible because some touchwiz apps are greats !

thank you fore reading.

here is the link for the sms app :h-ttp://www6.zippyshare.com/v/73727157/file.html

lolcakes203
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejdstrom View Post
First of all sorry for my bad english I'm French,

So i tried to put, for instance stock touchwiz sms app into optix rom (gret rom !!!).
i have placed it in System/app then i flashed it and the app didn't appear in app drawer.

I'm wondering if it's possible because some touchwiz apps are greats !

thank you fore reading.

here is the link for the sms app :h-ttp://www6.zippyshare.com/v/73727157/file.html
Unfortunately, this does not seem possible because touchwiz and its associated components all use different libraries, different frameworks, and various other complex components of the Android operating system that Samsung customizes. In most cases, its not possible to take a system apk from one ROM and just drop it into another ROM, and expect it to work. It may force close, or exhibit some other strange behavior. Sometimes, you can get a developer to change and modify libraries or frameworks to get the app to work, but it is a tremendous amount of work to convert these kinds of things. All this being said, if you want an app from a different ROM to work, it doesn't hurt to try to push apps to /system, as I've had some luck pushing apk's to system, fixing permissions and getting them to work fine. Hopefully, you can find an app equivalent to the Touchwiz SMS app that works just as well, if not better!

lejdstrom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for answering so fast
Wich SMS app do you think would ne good

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

lolcakes203
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I just use the stock Cyanogenmod SMS app included in Tonyp's CM10.2 Build, but I've heard good things about Handcent available from the Play Store, and I believe the GO Team has their own application for SMS too, but if you want to see a variety of options, I suggest googling for a list of messaging apps and seeing which one you like best.
Devices:
LG Optimus 2X P990
LG Nexus 4

LG Optimus 2X:
ROM: Tonyp TheROM Build 26 New Bootloader
Kernel: Kowalski Kernel M1 New Bootloader 2.6.39.4 W/ RAM Hack
Bootloader:ICS Bootloader
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.0.0 For New BL
Baseband: 1035.21

Nexus 4:
ROM: Stock 4.4.4 W/ Root (Xposed, GPU Drivers, Dalvik/Bionic Patches)
Kernel: Matr1x 14.0 W/ GPU OC
Bootloader: Stock Bootloader (Unlocked)
Recvoery: PhilZ Touch CWM-Based Recovery
Radio:Radio (1.03)