Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sprint gs3 wont boot into twrp

Tip us?

ddray
Old
(Last edited by ddray; 24th January 2014 at 04:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] sprint gs3 wont boot into twrp

What's up guys!

Using ROM installer I flashed vanir 4.4 along with 4.4 gapps on my sprint gs3 sph l710. I wiped the cache and it looked as if it were installing fine but winded up getting stuck in boot loop mode instead. Now when I try to boot into recovery the twrp screen flashes and then it goes straight into bootlop mode from there. Now i cant acsess any of my backups. I can get into down load mode but unfortunately my computers messed up right now. I can't hit the run button on Odin because the screen is too big. I know it sucks!!! Does anyone know some tricks I can use or have any recommendations. Your help would be greatly appreciated! BTW.. I was running illusion 4.3 when this happened.

sevenpioverthree
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddray View Post
What's up guys!

Using ROM installer I flashed vanir 4.4 along with 4.4 gapps on my sprint gs3 sph l710. I wiped the cache and it looked as if it were installing fine but winded up getting stuck in boot loop mode instead. Now when I try to boot into recovery the twrp screen flashes and then it goes straight into bootlop mode from there. Now i cant acsess any of my backups. I can get into down load mode but unfortunately my computers messed up right now. I can't hit the run button on Odin because the screen is too big. I know it sucks!!! Does anyone know some tricks I can use or have any recommendations. Your help would be greatly appreciated! BTW.. I was running illusion 4.3 when this happened.
Can you try using this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1746680

Maybe that'll work, you can use it to return to stock, and if anything I would recommend going back to stock before doing anything else. Also, it may not be the consensus of the site here but in my own opinion, I don't like using rom installer or goo manager or anything. I like doing it all myself in recovery. I've heard one too many stories of people getting hardbricked because their rom installer or whatever downloaded the international version of the rom they wanted :/ always best to check your own md5 checksums and make sure you're downloading the rom for your phone from your phone's forum.

As for the exact reason your phone did that? I couldn't tell you, maybe with a little more info someone more knowledgeable here could tell you
Galaxy S III (Sprint)
ROM: M.O.A.R v9.0
Kernel: Optimized Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.0
Baseband: MK5
The Following User Says Thank You to sevenpioverthree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ddray
Old
(Last edited by ddray; 26th January 2014 at 10:38 PM.) Reason: grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So i got my computer fixed. I havent tried the tool kit in the thread you recommeded. I decided first to use a stock file i have on odin first that has saved me from softbricks in the past. I set everything up hit start, watched the process complete with the pass. Now it shows the stock boot animation but still stuck in bootloop mode. I put it into recovery,which is now stock instead of twrp, wiped cache, davlik cache and factory reset then i reconnected to odin and reflashed the stock file. Still stuck in bootloop mode!!!! Plain reboot and same thing :/ so for the hell of it, i wanted to see if i can to my backups by restoring twrp. So i flashed my cf auto root and then flashed my twrp file and bam!!!! Twrp was full functioning with all my backups!!! next i restored my latest illusion 4.3 rom and wala! Ive got a fully functioning rooted phone with a custom rom. I flipped through everything to make sure it looks good and it does. Except.... any photos and music that are saved to phone and not sd card are gone I dont understand, everthing else is backed. Contacts, call logs, messages, text messages, apps, customised settings etc...I even flashed my carbon rom that had the same music and pics. When i open gallery it shows the photo count in snapseed and others im looking for but then they all start dissapearing!!! i also dont understand why the stock file which has saved me from softbricks before didnt work. I dont know anything about checking md 5 checksums but if its worth the time ill do my research! Im happy i got my phone working but i would like to be more solid in what im doing. Maybe someone can help shed some light on this.

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 338
You need to download the latest Tar file and flash that in Odin.
Don't use a pit file nor check repartition.

There's no reason for it to not boot if it says passed.

Try a different cable to connect it to your computer if you can.

Always boot into recovery and wipe everything before flashing while in recovery as well as system, and honestly only use Philz latest for now, it's the only one without issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.