XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SCH-I545 TWRP stuck in Odin

Tip us?

Opie1Smith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SCH-I545 TWRP stuck in Odin

I rooted my Verizon S4 with the latest firmware and tried installing Clockwork Recovery from Rom Manager. That didn't work so I then tried installing TWRP from Goo Manager. Now if I try to boot into recovery I get stuck at the Odin screen and have to battery pull and press Vol -, Home, Pwr and then decline a custom os to boot back into the phone. That wouldn't bother me except now every time I connect to a different Wifi network I have to restart my phone. Otherwise it won't connect and say that the network is too slow. Any idea how to fix that?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie1Smith View Post
I rooted my Verizon S4 with the latest firmware and tried installing Clockwork Recovery from Rom Manager. That didn't work so I then tried installing TWRP from Goo Manager. Now if I try to boot into recovery I get stuck at the Odin screen and have to battery pull and press Vol -, Home, Pwr and then decline a custom os to boot back into the phone. That wouldn't bother me except now every time I connect to a different Wifi network I have to restart my phone. Otherwise it won't connect and say that the network is too slow. Any idea how to fix that?
Have you bothered to read any of the threads here about what you can and can't do with the S4 based on build firmware? What is your firmware build? And are you familiar with odin process?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

Opie1Smith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Have you bothered to read any of the threads here about what you can and can't do with the S4 based on build firmware? What is your firmware build? And are you familiar with odin process?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
I ended up restoring my firmware with Kies and rooting again with saferoot and all is well now. Thank you for responding.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie1Smith View Post
I ended up restoring my firmware with Kies and rooting again with saferoot and all is well now. Thank you for responding.
unless you have a MDK base build you can NOT use goo manager or CWM or TWRP for recoveries. You are limited to safestrap
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94