Ask a question

No registration required

Issues With Chromecast

OP chromeuser2014

27th January 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi All, I've just joined this forum so apologies if this question has been asked before..

I recently bought the chromecast and so far loving it! But lately whenever I try and cast a tab from Google Chrome to play a video (not Youtube), the video plays fine, but previously using Win+T I could toggle between the tab (currently playing full screen video) to another browser and use it simultaneously. I now find this is impossible, and not sure what the issue is. If I toggle between tabs, the video playing also minimizes..

Any help would be greatly appreciated and not sure if I have managed to explain it properly!

Thanks in advance..
27th January 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 882

2,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeuser2014

I recently bought the chromecast and so far loving it! But lately whenever I try and cast a tab from Google Chrome to play a video (not Youtube), the video plays fine, but previously using Win+T I could toggle between the tab (currently playing full screen video) to another browser and use it simultaneously. I now find this is impossible, and not sure what the issue is. If I toggle between tabs, the video playing also minimizes..

Your answer is (hopefully) here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49535883
27th January 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Your answer is (hopefully) here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49535883

Thank you for your quick reply! Reading the link you gave me I guess this is a known issue post update unfortunately...

I tried doing all the steps others have mentioned, but it still hasn't worked for me. Do you know if there is any other workaround for this or if Google is planning on fixing this in the future?
28th January 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 882

2,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeuser2014

Thank you for your quick reply! Reading the link you gave me I guess this is a known issue post update unfortunately...

I tried doing all the steps others have mentioned, but it still hasn't worked for me. Do you know if there is any other workaround for this or if Google is planning on fixing this in the future?

The "Fullscreen anything" extension didn't work for you?

I'm not sure whether it's Chrome itself, the page, the graphics card/driver, or what, but different people get different behavior.
I also don't know if it's meant to fullscreen on the desktop while doing other things or not. Might be the folks who have it working are just lucky.

Worth putting in a Chrome and Chromecast report anyway. If Google sees enough feedback, maybe they'll take a look.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread