Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues With Chromecast

Tip us?

chromeuser2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Issues With Chromecast

Hi All, I've just joined this forum so apologies if this question has been asked before..

I recently bought the chromecast and so far loving it! But lately whenever I try and cast a tab from Google Chrome to play a video (not Youtube), the video plays fine, but previously using Win+T I could toggle between the tab (currently playing full screen video) to another browser and use it simultaneously. I now find this is impossible, and not sure what the issue is. If I toggle between tabs, the video playing also minimizes..

Any help would be greatly appreciated and not sure if I have managed to explain it properly!

Thanks in advance..

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeuser2014 View Post
I recently bought the chromecast and so far loving it! But lately whenever I try and cast a tab from Google Chrome to play a video (not Youtube), the video plays fine, but previously using Win+T I could toggle between the tab (currently playing full screen video) to another browser and use it simultaneously. I now find this is impossible, and not sure what the issue is. If I toggle between tabs, the video playing also minimizes..
Your answer is (hopefully) here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49535883
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

chromeuser2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Thank you for your quick reply! Reading the link you gave me I guess this is a known issue post update unfortunately...

I tried doing all the steps others have mentioned, but it still hasn't worked for me. Do you know if there is any other workaround for this or if Google is planning on fixing this in the future?

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeuser2014 View Post
Thank you for your quick reply! Reading the link you gave me I guess this is a known issue post update unfortunately...

I tried doing all the steps others have mentioned, but it still hasn't worked for me. Do you know if there is any other workaround for this or if Google is planning on fixing this in the future?
The "Fullscreen anything" extension didn't work for you?

I'm not sure whether it's Chrome itself, the page, the graphics card/driver, or what, but different people get different behavior.
I also don't know if it's meant to fullscreen on the desktop while doing other things or not. Might be the folks who have it working are just lucky.

Worth putting in a Chrome and Chromecast report anyway. If Google sees enough feedback, maybe they'll take a look.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'