Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Kitkat leaked version

OP Meyhemg

27th January 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Hello everyone

I wanted to ask you a question about this leaked Kitkat version of Samsung.
What do they mean about leaked/experimented?
Samsung is not like CyanogenMod and they do not release nightlies or RCs so what do they mean by "leaked"?

Thanks in advance
27th January 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
nikzDHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,197
 
4,459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
This is pre release test software for internal purposes at Samsung. This is not the final version but more like work in progress.

Most likely a Samsung employee has "leaked" this. Leaks happen a lot. Take for example, Snowden and his NSA leaks, leaks happen all the time.

It's experimental software and does not reflect the final official version which Samsung will initially release via OTA updates. One Samsung employee took a risk in leaking this to the masses. In my time owning various Samsung phones it's common. It's a fully functional TouchWiz rom but like I said it does not represent the final version. Samsung like any other manufacturer work on updating their software and at times "employees" will leak the current software that is being worked upon.

It's no different to say a Chinese factory worker leaking information about the next iPhone by showing the cases prior to any official Apple announcement, or EV Leaks who are very good at obtaining information on upcoming devices, we live in a world were someone will take a risk to leak confidential information on software intended for internal purposes only or leak information in regards to whatever.
Last edited by nikzDHD; 27th January 2014 at 08:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikzDHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Thanks
27th January 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
Mittaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 398
 
1,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyhemg

Hello everyone

I wanted to ask you a question about this leaked Kitkat version of Samsung.
What do they mean about leaked/experimented?
Samsung is not like CyanogenMod and they do not release nightlies or RCs so what do they mean by "leaked"?

Thanks in advance

New locked bootloader, no root, no return to 4.3 firmware
Samsung need some "guinea pigs" to test unstable ALPHA version, before they send out the final unstable BETA release to the rest of the world

With CyanogenMod nightlies we get a change log and can always return to a working version.
Last edited by Mittaa; 27th January 2014 at 08:59 PM.
27th January 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #5  
Obagleyfreer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 785
 
1,844 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD

This is pre release test software for internal purposes at Samsung. This is not the final version but more like work in progress.

Most likely a Samsung employee has "leaked" this. Leaks happen a lot. Take for example, Snowden and his NSA leaks, leaks happen all the time.

It's experimental software and does not reflect the final official version which Samsung will initially release via OTA updates. One Samsung employee took a risk in leaking this to the masses. In my time owning various Samsung phones it's common. It's a fully functional TouchWiz rom but like I said it does not represent the final version. Samsung like any other manufacturer work on updating their software and at times "employees" will leak the current software that is being worked upon.

It's no different to say a Chinese factory worker leaking information about the next iPhone by showing the cases prior to any official Apple announcement, or EV Leaks who are very good at obtaining information on upcoming devices, we live in a world were someone will take a risk to leak confidential information on software intended for internal purposes only or leak information in regards to whatever.

I'm pretty sure they are "leaked" on purpose to use us as the guinea pigs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
27th January 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #6  
Mittaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 398
 
1,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer

I'm pretty sure they are "leaked" on purpose to use us as the guinea pigs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

I'm to slow with my keyboard. You posted this while I was editing my post
27th January 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
my question
these roms are told that do not activate Knox like x0.1
eg install this rom Knox will it work ?
and if then if returned back to the official 4.3 with odin everything will be fine?
without triggered knox,without any problems?
Last edited by GTSS2014; 27th January 2014 at 09:30 PM.
27th January 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #8  
nikzDHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,197
 
4,459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer

I'm pretty sure they are "leaked" on purpose to use us as the guinea pigs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

Without a doubt wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSS2014

my question
these roms are told that do not activate Knox like x0.1
eg install this rom Knox will it work ?
and if then if returned back to the official 4.3 with odin everything will be fine?
without triggered knox,without any problems?

I think that it will trigger your warranty because its an unofficial version. Im not 100% sure about it, but almost. Maybe someone can help you...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes