5,604,219 Members 48,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Water damage, stuck in bootloop.

Tip us?

tsar_chasm
Old
(Last edited by tsar_chasm; 26th January 2014 at 07:33 PM.) Reason: Clarification.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Water damage, stuck in bootloop.

Hello,

So the phone fell from a small height into a toilet today but didn't turn off. Instead it rebooted and now it is stuck in a bootloop, reaching the end of the boot animation and beginning again.

I can't reach the recovery or bootloader. Holding down the bottom button and the power button stalls the bootloop but only produces a black screen for a few seconds before it loops again. Holding the power button just restarts the loop.

I tried plugging it into a pc and checking if it was listed under "adb devices" while it was looping but got no joy.

The thing is sitting in rice while I hunt for some silica gel packets. So on the plus side I have invented flashing rice.

Have I missed anything or do I just have to hope something changes as it dries out?

Thanks.

krucymucy
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You should have been drying it out first before trying anything ...

But hopefully it'll dry out and it'll be fine. Tell us how things will turn out.

tsar_chasm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krucymucy View Post
You should have been drying it out first before trying anything ...

But hopefully it'll dry out and it'll be fine. Tell us how things will turn out.
I was a bit perplexed really, the phone wouldn't turn off so I was looking to make it power off so I could leave it to dry in peace. I felt like it was doing all the damage it would do since it was already on :/

Still in boot loop.

synescu
Old
Thanks Meter 42
[QUOTE=tsar_chasm;49783

I can't reach the recovery or bootloader. Holding down the bottom button and the power button stalls the bootloop but only produces a black screen for a few seconds before it loops again. Holding the power button just restarts the loop.

I tried plugging it into a pc and checking if it was listed under "adb devices" while it was looping but got no joy.

The thing is sitting in rice while I hunt for some silica gel packets. So on the plus side I have invented flashing rice.

Have I missed anything or do I just have to hope something changes as it dries out?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

When you see the black screen pres the 2 buttons quickly for some seconds and let them go

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

mattheoh
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I think if it s still in boot loop that s not so bad... It s still alive.
I would be you, I would put it without case in a box full of rice during at least 24h. It would help to dry it. It would have been better just after the incident but maybe it s not too late. Good luck...

sent from my Moto G - KK retail ROM