Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question Installation Custom Rom S4 MK2

Tip us?

ben9000
Old
(Last edited by ben9000; 27th January 2014 at 05:20 PM.) Reason: new info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question Installation Custom Rom S4 MK2

Hello

i was trying to install a custom rom on my galaxy s4 but after going through some topics i m kind of unsure about it.
its an att phone
my model number says I337
and the baseband is MK2.

most of the roms i found say something about att i9...

with reading some topics i just have the feeling that the MK2 is "special" and i cant just use any rom.
can someone help me and let me know which roms will work (download link would be appreciated). i planned to go with either google edition 4.4 or cyanogen mod. (if there is anything better please let me know)
and if i need any other software (for backup etc).
i already rooted the phone with saferoot. i just dont know how to get a custom rom on there now.
thank you for your help it greatly appreciated.

rightcue805
Old
Thanks Meter 1
As far as i know you can't run custom roms on the i33, AT&T has it so locked down it can't be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben9000 View Post
Hello

i was trying to install a custom rom on my galaxy s4 but after going through some topics i m kind of unsure about it.
its an att phone
and the baseband is MK2.

with reading some topics i just have the feeling that the MK2 is "special" and i cant just use any rom.
can someone help me and let me know which roms will work (download link would be appreciated). i planned to go with either google edition 4.4 or cyanogen mod. (if there is anything better please let me know)
i already rooted the phone with saferoot. i just dont know how to get a custom rom on there now.

rajpru
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hello

its an att phone
and the baseband is MK2.

Yes u can get custom rom on u r phone and on u r current firmware also.. check out this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448925

u need to root it before u get safestrap.. and u can get many custom roms. also.. hope it will work for u!!

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello

its an att phone
and the baseband is MK2.

This thread gives you everything you need. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]