Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Small change to stock clock widget help request

Tip us?

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default [Q] Small change to stock clock widget help request

I just want a nice clean black outline on all of the elements so it looks nice over my white background, I've tried the 'Blur' option which is as close as I can find to what I want, but as you can see it doesn't turn out very well:

Looks good in the editor on dark background:

Is there a better way of doing it / anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.
Replying to me? Quote my post so I get a notification please - thanks!
Nexus 5 32gb - SlimKat 4.4.4 Weekly 6.4 [5657] / franco.Kernel - r57 / TWRP v2.7.1.1 Holofied Recovery

kwerdenker
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1977

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxiumwind View Post
I just want a nice clean black outline on all of the elements so it looks nice over my white background, I've tried the 'Blur' option which is as close as I can find to what I want, but as you can see it doesn't turn out very well:

Looks good in the editor on dark background:

Is there a better way of doing it / anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.
Is you main gripe with the blur option, that it produces these weird "shadows" below transparent elements? If so you could try a little trick I worked out:
1. Copy the element you want to have a blur shadow on but want to have transparent two times. You now should have three identical modules:
Module 1
Module 2
Module 3
2. Enable the blur shadow on module 1 and configure it to the settings you want. It will now show up the artifacts below the transparent parts.
Module 1 - Blur
Module 2
Module 3
3. Set the Drawing mode option of module 2 to "Clear". This should clear up the artifacts and leave you with a nice blur around your transparent module
Module 1 - Blur
Module 2 - Drawing option: Clear
Module 3
Since you need to keep all three modules synchronized it's best to apply this only if you are sure you won't edit the setup anymore or you'll have to synchronize your edits between the three modules.

Please use the forums for your Zooper related questions. I won't respond to PMs with questions that can/should be asked there. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwerdenker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paradoxiumwind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Ended up just going with this: http://imgur.com/LwysGE5
Replying to me? Quote my post so I get a notification please - thanks!
Nexus 5 32gb - SlimKat 4.4.4 Weekly 6.4 [5657] / franco.Kernel - r57 / TWRP v2.7.1.1 Holofied Recovery