FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

KitKat Rom for a newbie

27th January 2014, 03:09 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wigan
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Ive got an LG Gpad 8.3 V500 , to date ive not done anything with it. I posted last night about scrolling in landscape that it was lagging on one side.
I was advised to use a custom Rom

Ive never done this , can anyone suggest instructions ( in laymens terms ) on how to do this and also the most stable KitKat rom to use as i like the Nexus devices.

Thanks
 
 
27th January 2014, 03:13 PM |#2  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantefc

Ive got an LG Gpad 8.3 V500 , to date ive not done anything with it. I posted last night about scrolling in landscape that it was lagging on one side.
I was advised to use a custom Rom

Ive never done this , can anyone suggest instructions ( in laymens terms ) on how to do this and also the most stable KitKat rom to use as i like the Nexus devices.

Thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554121

it was the 1st thread on the page.

custom rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581988
27th January 2014, 03:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wigan
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554121

it was the 1st thread on the page.

custom rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581988

Thanks Rams Fan...... hopefully it will be straightforward
27th January 2014, 03:28 PM |#4  
NJ_RAMS_FAN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West New York, NJ
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantefc

Thanks Rams Fan...... hopefully it will be straightforward

it is.. just read the how to a few times. Don't want to make a mistake..
Last edited by NJ_RAMS_FAN; 27th January 2014 at 03:39 PM.
27th January 2014, 04:16 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
I'd go with TWRP and Cyanogenmod

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 04:18 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wigan
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb

I'd go with TWRP and Cyanogenmod

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

hiya Eden


Is there any reason why? is there a major difference with the Roms? as i said i want as close to 4.4.2 Stock as possible
27th January 2014, 04:22 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
There's no big difference, it's a matter of personal taste.
Cyanogenmod is the most popular rom available, its a company now, if youd like to know

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 04:44 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wigan
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb

There's no big difference, it's a matter of personal taste.
Cyanogenmod is the most popular rom available, its a company now, if youd like to know

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Eden mate

Ill look into both....if i find it easy to do i might trial to make my mind up.

thanks for your replies
27th January 2014, 04:46 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantefc

Thanks Eden mate

Ill look into both....if i find it easy to do i might trial to make my mind up.

thanks for your replies

Glad to help.
It may not show, but im quite the newbie myself. I just read a lot so I know stuff.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 12:32 AM |#10  
cbb77's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Recommendation, before you go flashing a custom ROM, make sure you FIRST make a Nandroid backup. You can do this after you install TWRP or Clockworkmod. The Nandroid backup will allow you to easily restore to stock in the event you run into issues or don't like the ROM you flashed. Another recommendation, take 2 backups. I am just overly cautious with this stuff and like to ensure I have a means to back out. There is a documented recovery step using the LG tool but the backup would be easier.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes