Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 46,081 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question: Phone Recorder Still work in stock KK 4.4.2?

Tip us?

ahkow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Question: Phone Recorder Still work in stock KK 4.4.2?

Just wondering phone recording function still working after upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2?
Current 4.3 is able to record 2-way phone call clearly event with head set. (no need to enable speaker).

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkow View Post
Just wondering phone recording function still working after upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2?
Current 4.3 is able to record 2-way phone call clearly event with head set. (no need to enable speaker).
i haven't tried kitkat because there are way too many glitches and i'm really happy with 4.3.
but some developers of the apps that can record calls are putting notes that samsung has disabled 2way phone call in kitkat.. so i think answer is no.

stick to 4.3

not-i
Old
Thanks Meter 5968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No the sound output from the recording is just white noise. It seems to work but the recording isn't anywhere near clear

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
* Sweet Rom V20 GNG1 4.4.2

More of my Roms and Mods

My Facebook

If I helped you please press "Thanks", and if you helped I will do the same

ahkow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Which recorder apps are you using to record? Normally there is audio source to choose, need to select audio call instead of mic.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk now Free

vinokirk
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Which recorder apps are you using to record? Normally there is audio source to choose, need to select audio call instead of mic.

This thread is on about the built in call recorder; not a separate app.
Current Devices:
Samsung GT-I9300 - Galaxy S3 | Samsung GT-N9005 - Note 3 - Knox 0x1 - X-Note 16.0
Previous Devices:
Samsung N7000 | Samsung I9100 | HTC Ace | Dell Mini 5 | HTC Leo | HTC Kovsky | HTC Universal | HTC Blue Angel
My Mobile History:

IOU-1
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by not-i View Post
No the sound output from the recording is just white noise. It seems to work but the recording isn't anywhere near clear
+1 recording works, but just wierd noise on recorded sound.

ahkow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk View Post
This thread is on about the built in call recorder; not a separate app.
In order to use build in recorder, need to root and enable in Xpose module. I am still unroot with stock ROM, I think third party apps also get the audio from the same source. So the unknown is whether the audio source unavailable or the build in recorder not functioning. Don't mind try to install third party apps such as "automatic call recorder", choose Voice Call as audio source to try out?