Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] OTA update always shows im using the latest fw.

OP nezt94

26th January 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

75 posts
hello, i want to ask, why did my S4 when i try to OTA update it,, it always showing that i have already installed the latest update,
while when i plugged it and open the KIES it shows MK8 update available.
but i cant download if it was from KIES or ODIN, cause of the firmware size and my monthly limits.
it happens when im trying to update to the 4.3 from 4.2.2 as well, i have to bring my s4 to the service center.. but they installed the DXUEMJ5 not the MK8 (latest version) anyone can help?
i've never rooted my s4 or install any custom rom and my device status is official
Last edited by nezt94; 26th January 2014 at 06:43 AM.
26th January 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Visakhapatnam
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Did you disabled any apps

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag CALICUT
Thanks Meter: 8

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezt94

hello, i want to ask, why did my S4 when i try to OTA update it,, it always showing that i have already installed the latest update,
while when i plugged it and open the KIES it shows MK8 update available.
but i cant download if it was from KIES or ODIN, cause of the firmware size and my monthly limits.
it happens when im trying to update to the 4.3 from 4.2.2 as well, i have to bring my s4 to the service center.. but they installed the DXUEMJ5 not the MK8 (latest version) anyone can help?
i've never rooted my s4 or install any custom rom and my device status is official

may be you bought your phone from a different country.. if so you may never be able to update via OTA.. the only
way is ODIN
28th January 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsr_007

Did you disabled any apps

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

thanks for your time to reply, no im not disabled any apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illikkalshahid

may be you bought your phone from a different country.. if so you may never be able to update via OTA.. the only
way is ODIN

thanks for your time to reply. no, but my phone a few weeks ago got their motherboard changed in the samsung service centre. if i connect my s4 to KIES i can update it in the kies apps but its impossible for me cause of the file size and my monthly internet bills
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i9500, latest, ota, shows
Previous Thread Next Thread