5,600,612 Members 33,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to see ALL files when connected to PC??

Tip us?

presidentsdad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] How to see ALL files when connected to PC??

Hi all....
Just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablet and have a question. When connected to my PC as a media device....I can see some of the files, but not ALL of the files (specifically the ones that start with a "."). Is there some setting on windows or android that would allow me to see ALL of the files and not just the ones that Android deems relevant?
PresidentsDad (aka Marc)
Current Phone - AT&T Galaxy S4 (on stock)
Current Tablet - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Former AT&T Galaxy S II SkyRocket - with several different ROMs
Former Tablet - Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF-700 (giant POS)

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3778
Install SamsungLink on your PC and N10.1-14. It'll allow you to access all of your files on both devices from anywhere via Wi-Fi. It'll give you access to your PC files at the highest level of Windows directory structure.

presidentsdad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Install SamsungLink on your PC and N10.1-14. It'll allow you to access all of your files on both devices from anywhere via Wi-Fi. It'll give you access to your PC files at the highest level of Windows directory structure.

Hey thanks. I tried this, but maybe I'm missing something. What I'm looking for is when I connect my tablet to my PC, I want to be able to see into the "dot" directories (the ones that start with a period). I cannot see that currently.
PresidentsDad (aka Marc)
Current Phone - AT&T Galaxy S4 (on stock)
Current Tablet - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Former AT&T Galaxy S II SkyRocket - with several different ROMs
Former Tablet - Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF-700 (giant POS)

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3778
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentsdad View Post
Hey thanks. I tried this, but maybe I'm missing something. What I'm looking for is when I connect my tablet to my PC, I want to be able to see into the "dot" directories (the ones that start with a period). I cannot see that currently.
SamsungLink provides top-level directory access to the devices it's loaded on. I can see all my files on my PC and Android devices. I've never looked for anything like you've described so can't really provide any new detail.