5,596,784 Members 48,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] moto x AT&T su binary not installed

Tip us?
 
aaron804
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] moto x AT&T su binary not installed

Getting "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

I'm trying to root my AT&T moto x. been following this threadL http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358.

I was able to root it once, but when I got to step 5 my phone lost root somehow. And when I try to re root, at step 3 which links to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509590 "RockMyMoto" I get this in telnet:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but su is not getting installed.

Please help. Sorry if this is hard to read / understand.
 
aaron804
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron804 View Post
Getting "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

I'm trying to root my AT&T moto x. been following this threadL http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603358.

I was able to root it once, but when I got to step 5 my phone lost root somehow. And when I try to re root, at step 3 which links to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2509590 "RockMyMoto" I get this in telnet:

~ $ dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto
RockMyMoto 1.0
by Justin Case
PayPal Donations maybe sent to: jcase@cunninglogic.com
Special thanks to saurik, you rock!

System is not write protected...
Executing step 3...
"

Correct me if i'm wrong, but su is not getting installed.

Please help. Sorry if this is hard to read / understand.

I've gone as far as to flash the att firmware ATT_XT1058_4.2.2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-x-17-54_CFC_1FF.xml.zip. But I still cannot get through the RockMyMoto. Same error, and ultimately "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

Please help. Thank you
 
aaron804
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron804 View Post
I've gone as far as to flash the att firmware ATT_XT1058_4.2.2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-x-17-54_CFC_1FF.xml.zip. But I still cannot get through the RockMyMoto. Same error, and ultimately "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it, This is a problem!"

Please help. Thank you
jcase fixed this for whitlecj in the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2444957&page=7.

Could someone pass my plight along?

Thanks again!!
 
edwinader
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron804 View Post
jcase fixed this for whitlecj in the http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2444957&page=7.

Could someone pass my plight along?

Thanks again!!
Hey man. I'm having the same problem. Did you find a fix?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes