Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with Smarklink on Note III

Tip us?

JamesAAA
Old
(Last edited by JamesAAA; 27th January 2014 at 02:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with Smarklink on Note III

This is my first post here, so please be patent if I have violated norms (ie, posting in the wrong forum, missing an existing thread):

Can anyone give me any advice on how to get my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Credo Mobile) to play nice with my my alpine ics-x7hd? It seems to start just fine, but as soon as I try and link it to the head unit, if falls right over. So my questions:

1) Is there any special trick I can use to get it to work; i.e., beyond using both Bluetooth and USB connections is there a trick that will help?

2) if the answer to (1) is no, or it proves ineffective would rooting the device help?

3) Failing those (and I don't hold much hope) would using the full-mirror mod[1] be a possible work around?

4) Finally, and mostly for my general fund of knowledge, would it work if downgraded to Android 4.1 or 4.2? That is, is the problem with OS compatibility, of is it a firmware issue?

James

[1] (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1837847)

Epix4G
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1034
I don't know the first two but this phone shipped with 4.3 there is no rom lower and would be very difficult to even try

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2