Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gps Not working

Tip us?

billybob24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Gps Not working

I have tryed a few different roms xnote and now on dynamic rom and my gps dont work on either one. it downloaded a few different apps from the play store to try and locate me an they say 0.

any one else having this happen?

Agent
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob24 View Post
I have tryed a few different roms xnote and now on dynamic rom and my gps dont work on either one. it downloaded a few different apps from the play store to try and locate me an they say 0.

- Warranty Exchange

billybob24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
- Warranty Exchange
How can i do that since i rooted it and who would i take it to?

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Return the device back to stock. Then take it to where you got it from.

Agent
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How can i do that since i rooted it and who would i take it to?
Just do a factory reset and go to Samsung.com and get them to start the process.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ideas4ya
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:

I had the same issue this morning. I have SS installed and also X-Note, Verizon ported rom, and Knox Raid 2.6. GPS was working but would continuously run because it never got a lock.

How'd I fix it? Well I deleted each rom slot and reinstalled the rom. I did this one by one, rebooting and testing each rom as I re-installed it. It turns out that after I uninstalled and reinstalled the Verizon ported rom, the GPS signal was able to lock on all, even my stock rom slot running X-Note.

I thought it was PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a rom to modify settings like this within safestrap to where the changes you make in one rom could bleed over into the other rom. I thought that was the purpose of having SS rom slots.

But...you learn something new every day. I hope you don't lose too much info, but this is what got me back up and running.
Devices

Cell: HTC One M8 GPe // Recovery Switcher // AOSB 4.4.3 // Furnace Kernel OC @ 2.88Ghz

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 // Safestrap // Grevious // Stock Kernel (of course)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ideas4ya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billybob24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideas4ya View Post
I had the same issue this morning. I have SS installed and also X-Note, Verizon ported rom, and Knox Raid 2.6. GPS was working but would continuously run because it never got a lock.

How'd I fix it? Well I deleted each rom slot and reinstalled the rom. I did this one by one, rebooting and testing each rom as I re-installed it. It turns out that after I uninstalled and reinstalled the Verizon ported rom, the GPS signal was able to lock on all, even my stock rom slot running X-Note.

I thought it was PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a rom to modify settings like this within safestrap to where the changes you make in one rom could bleed over into the other rom. I thought that was the purpose of having SS rom slots.

But...you learn something new every day. I hope you don't lose too much info, but this is what got me back up and running.
So i only have 1 rom slot now. i have installed a bunch of diff roms. so your saying i shoudl install all that i have installed and look at the gps setting?

i can get it to work if i use the gps test app in the app store. but after every cal i have to re run that test app to kick it back on. such a pain

Ideas4ya
Old
Thanks Meter 93
You may not have to uninstall all of them. Just do it one by one and test each rom. I would start with the newest rom because that's more than likely the rom you were on when it stopped getting a lock.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices

Cell: HTC One M8 GPe // Recovery Switcher // AOSB 4.4.3 // Furnace Kernel OC @ 2.88Ghz

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 // Safestrap // Grevious // Stock Kernel (of course)