5,605,073 Members 36,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Flash Stock? VS980

Tip us?
 
G2uypie
Old
(Last edited by G2uypie; 28th January 2014 at 04:24 AM.) Reason: SOLVED!!
#1  
G2uypie's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Olympia

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Can't Flash Stock? VS980

EDIT: Solved it using this method! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2471370

Everything I try (TOT and KDZ) seems to not be working. The KDZ method completely skips step 2, and the TOT method says "Device model is different, check Phone or DLL). I have reverted back to stock MANY of times with these before, and now all of a sudden it doesn't want to work.

 
G2uypie
Old
#2  
G2uypie's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Olympia

 
DONATE TO ME
Bumping. I really need to know how to fix this!
 
scram99
Old
#3  
scram99's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jul 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app Follow this methodically and you should have no problem.
 
G2uypie
Old
#4  
G2uypie's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Olympia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960
Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app Follow this methodically and you should have no problem.
I've tried that like 7 or 8 times now...

 
scram99
Old
#5  
scram99's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jul 2011
Try the 11a TOT file...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Did you put the dll file in the flash tool also?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
 
G2uypie
Old
#6  
G2uypie's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Olympia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
Try the 11a TOT file...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
I just did. Same result.
 
G2uypie
Old
#7  
G2uypie's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 133
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Olympia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99 View Post
Did you put the dll file in the flash tool also?
Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app


yes, these are my settings.
 
ableright
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 22
Join Date: Apr 2014
I just wanted to add I'm getting some help from this on here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2709496&page=7

But I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as this guy and trying to figure it out. I've tried everything. It appears I somehow need the 12_b.tot file not 11A but I don't know where to get the 12b if that's even possible. Who knows?
 
Gobigob
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Dec 2012
Someone told me that the D802 has a dll file that doesn't check the device model. Is there one for vs980?
 
mjones73
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 679
Posts: 2,361
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North East, MD

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ableright View Post
I just wanted to add I'm getting some help from this on here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2709496&page=7

But I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as this guy and trying to figure it out. I've tried everything. It appears I somehow need the 12_b.tot file not 11A but I don't know where to get the 12b if that's even possible. Who knows?
There is none, gotta install 11a then take the OTA to 12b.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Matt
LG G2 - Rooted/Xposed/SimpleKernel
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cloupload is a Beautiful and Fully Functional CloudApp Client for Android

If you’re a Mac OS X user who frequently uploads screenshots, … more

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more