FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] Galaxy S4 stock firmware reinstall not working

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Chzbrgrs, Junior Member on 27th January 2014, 11:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I recently switched to Cyanogenmod but didn't like it so I tried to reflash back to a stock firmware using Odin. However, after Odin finishes, the phone just stays on the T-Mobile 4G LTE screen with a flashing blue-cyan LED. Is there a solution or a proven firmware that anyone knows of?
 
 
27th January 2014, 11:48 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,678
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: odin flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chzbrgrs

I recently switched to Cyanogenmod but didn't like it so I tried to reflash back to a stock firmware using Odin. However, after Odin finishes, the phone just stays on the T-Mobile 4G LTE screen with a flashing blue-cyan LED. Is there a solution or a proven firmware that anyone knows of?

Yes there is.

The solution is to go into recovery mode and do a "Factory Reset" and
wipe cache, dalvik cache, wipe system and wipe data.

Then power down the phone and boot back up into download mode
and Odin flash the stock official firmware for the N900T 4.3 phone.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 11:50 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Yes there is.

The solution is to go into recovery mode and do a "Factory Reset" and
wipe cache, dalvik cache, wipe system and wipe data.

Then power down the phone and boot back up into download mode
and Odin flash the stock official firmware for the N900T 4.3 phone.

Good luck!

Do you by chance have a link to the official firmware? Also, is the N900T for the T-Mobile S4?
Thanks!
28th January 2014, 01:04 AM |#4  
xdapowerapps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

Yes there is.

The solution is to go into recovery mode and do a "Factory Reset" and
wipe cache, dalvik cache, wipe system and wipe data.

Then power down the phone and boot back up into download mode
and Odin flash the stock official firmware for the N900T 4.3 phone.

Good luck!

Since he Odin flashed successfully, the /system wipe isn't necesaary. A cache, dalvik, and data wipe will allow the phone to boot up without having to reflash. ^.^

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th January 2014, 02:21 AM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 3,678
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: official firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chzbrgrs

Do you by chance have a link to the official firmware? Also, is the N900T for the T-Mobile S4?
Thanks!

No, the N900T firmware is for the Samsung Tmobile NOTE 3 not the S4

Here is a fast direct download link for the original Galaxy S4 M919 4.2.2 MDL Official stock firmware:

http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4/S...1366964131.zip

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps

Since he Odin flashed successfully, the /system wipe isn't necesaary. A cache, dalvik, and data wipe will allow the phone to boot up without having to reflash. ^.^

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It was not a successful flash since his phone cannot boot, he
flashed the N900T firmware which is for the Samsung Note 3.
Last edited by Misterjunky; 28th January 2014 at 02:23 AM.
28th January 2014, 03:31 AM |#6  
xdapowerapps's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

No, the N900T firmware is for the Samsung Tmobile NOTE 3 not the S4

Here is a fast direct download link for the original Galaxy S4 M919 4.2.2 MDL Official stock firmware:

http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS4/S...1366964131.zip

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------



It was not a successful flash since his phone cannot boot, he
flashed the N900T firmware which is for the Samsung Note 3.

Didn't see him state that he flashed the N900 FW.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes