Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] When my unlocked htc one get 4.4 update ?!

OP Ahmed_Al_Gendy

27th January 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
I live in Kuwait and I didn't get the 4.4 kitkat update yet is there's anyone who have any idea when it 'll come ?!
27th January 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #2  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,377
 
3,584 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_Al_Gendy

I live in Kuwait and I didn't get the 4.4 kitkat update yet is there's anyone who have any idea when it 'll come ?!

depend what cid you have
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

depend what cid you have

@alray: I'm sorry ,I'm a beginner in android so what's the cid ?!
Last edited by Ahmed_Al_Gendy; 28th January 2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: modify
28th January 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,377
 
3,584 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_Al_Gendy

@alray: I'm sorry ,I'm a beginner in android so what's the cid ?!

CID is for carrier id. its a kind of carrier/country lock. I.E if you have X cid, your device was intended for X carrier/region and will receive ota update for that X software.

that value is displayed when you boot your phone in bootloader mode

or you can use cid getter from google play if you dont know how to boot in bootloader mode

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_Al_Gendy

@alray: I'm sorry ,I'm a beginner in android so what's the cid ?!

all cid listed here
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

CID is for carrier id. its a kind of carrier/country lock. I.E if you have X cid, your device was intended for X carrier/region and will receive ota update for that X software.

that value is displayed when you boot your phone in bootloader mode

or you can use cid getter from google play if you dont know how to boot in bootloader mode

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------



all cid listed here

@alray : ok I got thanks man and I found mine but is there's a method to know when the update will reach a specific cid ?!
28th January 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #6  
cr1960's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 328
 
1,457 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_Al_Gendy

@alray : ok I got thanks man and I found mine but is there's a method to know when the update will reach a specific cid ?!

you need to check the list that @alray kindly provided and check out which carrier relates to your CID then check with them to see when the update is scheduled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cr1960 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes