[Q] nexus 7 battery issues

OP reganEZ

22nd January 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone,

First of all my problem. My nexus 7 is dead . the battery got too low as the charger was busted and it switched off and now its not turning on. I got the OEM nexus USB cable, OEM charger and have followed almost all the troubleshooting tips on this forum and elsewhere.

Now I dont know if the problem lies in the charging point or the battery.

My question to anyone who has the idea is that, IF i charge the battery in another Nexus 7, or with an external charger, will it work?

I want to fix this( i am in Nepal) and there is no way I can get a warranty in this. So I am in DIY mode

If the battery is dead and I cant boot into the bootloader anymore, is the above idea a possibility?

Thank you
22nd January 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by reganEZ

If the battery is dead and I cant boot into the bootloader anymore, is the above idea a possibility?

Thank you

Does it do anything when you first plug it in to charge?
As in does it start to show the charging screen and power off immediately? Does it start to boot then turn off?

Was having an issue with my wife's n7 where she let it discharge all the way to dead and would not take a charge or turn back on.

There is a trick you may be able to save it without doing much at all.

Plug it in to a wall charger and immediately, or as quickly as you can, hold power and volume down to try and get into recovery mode or bootloader. Needs to be almost instant.

If you can get into recovery or bootloader select power down (in bootloader use volume keys to navigate, power button to select).

Unplug the power cord and plug it right back in. You should hopefully see the charging battery screen.

Hope this helps.
28th January 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzard

Does it do anything when you first plug it in to charge?
As in does it start to show the charging screen and power off immediately? Does it start to boot then turn off?

Was having an issue with my wife's n7 where she let it discharge all the way to dead and would not take a charge or turn back on.

There is a trick you may be able to save it without doing much at all.

Plug it in to a wall charger and immediately, or as quickly as you can, hold power and volume down to try and get into recovery mode or bootloader. Needs to be almost instant.

If you can get into recovery or bootloader select power down (in bootloader use volume keys to navigate, power button to select).

Unplug the power cord and plug it right back in. You should hopefully see the charging battery screen.

Hope this helps.

I have already tried the above method. The good news is I went to a repair shop and asked them to charge the battery externally. My nexus did start. But it seems like I damaged the USB port somehow, so it is either a POGO pin charger or have to get the port frm smwhere..hmmm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread