[Q] Lag while receiving calls and SMS issue

Tip us?

timurdis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Lag while receiving calls and SMS issue

Hi everyone, I'm using Stocklite v8 custom rom, I am facing following issues,
1. Even when I have good network coverage (around 59 dBm) there is a huge lag while receiving a call. A caller to my number have to wait for around 20 seconds to receive a call, so sometimes the caller may end the call thinking my number is unreachable.

2. I don't receive SMS many times especially from web (e. g. I have not received SMS in first attempt from google when they wanted to verify my account) . I checked all the settings from my service provider but they said everything is fine.

I logged a complaint to my network provider but they think everything is fine. I even bought new SIM card thinking if the old one is causing problem, but still facing the same issue.

Even before Stocklite I was using Apocalypse rom & I was facing the same issue. So is it Android that causing me the problem?

Plz help me. Thanks in advance.

Cyber_Dragon001
Old
Thanks Meter 1
[1] Did you tweak some clock speeds, coz sometimes in roms they tweak it when your phone sleeps its clock speeds go down like 100mhz then when screen is on its back to full speed. And why do you have to wait 20 seconds??

[2] Try to go to airplane mode and turn it off, reboot. If that didnt solve your problem then apply a pin to your sim card, when i did that i can recieve sms.

Hope this solves your problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyber_Dragon001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Viper The Ripper
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurdis View Post
Hi everyone, I'm using Stocklite v8 custom rom, I am facing following issues,
1. Even when I have good network coverage (around 59 dBm) there is a huge lag while receiving a call. A caller to my number have to wait for around 20 seconds to receive a call, so sometimes the caller may end the call thinking my number is unreachable.

2. I don't receive SMS many times especially from web (e. g. I have not received SMS in first attempt from google when they wanted to verify my account) . I checked all the settings from my service provider but they said everything is fine.

I logged a complaint to my network provider but they think everything is fine. I even bought new SIM card thinking if the old one is causing problem, but still facing the same issue.

Even before Stocklite I was using Apocalypse rom & I was facing the same issue. So is it Android that causing me the problem?

Plz help me. Thanks in advance.
Wrong section mate
Please read rules before posting, this is General Thread...NOT Q&A THREAD, so next time post your questions in the correct section, thank you for understanding it
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timurdis
Old
(Last edited by timurdis; 16th January 2014 at 01:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Dragon001 View Post
[1] Did you tweak some clock speeds, coz sometimes in roms they tweak it when your phone sleeps its clock speeds go down like 100mhz then when screen is on its back to full speed. And why do you have to wait 20 seconds??

[2] Try to go to airplane mode and turn it off, reboot. If that didnt solve your problem then apply a pin to your sim card, when i did that i can recieve sms.

Hope this solves your problem
Thanks for the reply.
[1] Yes, I did check some of the clock speed tweaks & Minimum RAM tweak. But unchecked all these tweaks & then tried it but still the problem is persisting.
The problem is that sometimes when people call me they don't hear my caller tune for around 15-20 seconds & able to hear the tune after I receive the call although there is good network strength. So most of the people don't wait for that long thinking my number ain't reachable & end the call. But if they give another try just after the first attempt, they get a reception from me within 5 seconds I hope u got my point now.

[2] I did try that airplane mode trick but seems it's not working for me.

As I already said this issue doesn't occur everytime, but it happens randomly & very frequently. Also sometimes I get duplicate SMSs from my network provider. They checked everything from their end & confirmed that it's not a network related issue.
So, I believe it's my phone which is causing me this problem.

cyb3rillusi0n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Try not using internet

Try not using internet when not in use..
try uninstalling apps which enables when a call is made or recieved like shaplus caller info and truecaller or call recorder.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyb3rillusi0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timurdis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyb3rillusi0n View Post
Try not using internet when not in use..
try uninstalling apps which enables when a call is made or recieved like shaplus caller info and truecaller or call recorder.
I had installed call recorder once long time ago, but I have already uninstalled it. Other than that I have apps such as hangouts, clean master,google settings etc & rest are multimedia apps, but I don't know if they interfere during calls or not.

I have noticed one thing that the mentioned problem occurs mostly when my phone is in idle state, but it occurs when the screen is ON & when the phone is busy as well. I have already unchecked all the speed tweaks in my phone but still no solution found.

cyb3rillusi0n
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurdis View Post
I had installed call recorder once long time ago, but I have already uninstalled it. Other than that I have apps such as hangouts, clean master,google settings etc & rest are multimedia apps, but I don't know if they interfere during calls or not.

I have noticed one thing that the mentioned problem occurs mostly when my phone is in idle state, but it occurs when the screen is ON & when the phone is busy as well. I have already unchecked all the speed tweaks in my phone but still no solution found.
backup your apps, sms, data..
and flash stocklite again and do full wipe and wipe dalvik cache too.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyb3rillusi0n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timurdis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyb3rillusi0n View Post
backup your apps, sms, data..
and flash stocklite again and do full wipe and wipe dalvik cache too.
Thanks I actually found out that its the problem with the phone itself. I tried to check on other handset and I didn't face such issues.
But now I am facing another major issue.Whenever I change my sim card and insert it into another phone, my dad receives an sms from number that says my IMEI has been stolen and everyday my phone credits get deducted. I dont know whether i have ever enabled change sim alert option or not but I am unable to find out that option in my stocklite v8 rom.
Please tell me how to disable that option in my phone, I am running out of my credits.

Tags
calls, lag, receiving, sms