LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

UAG+Glass screen protector 👍👍

OP emart92

27th January 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

161 posts
Can't imagine a better combination if there is, what could it be? The feel and look is outstanding guys.
27th January 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag West Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 708

2,549 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emart92

Can't imagine a better combination if there is, what could it be? The feel and look is outstanding guys.

Can you share photos/link?
27th January 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

161 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocsab

Can you share photos/link?

I don't have any photos but I ordered my UAG case from their website I have the black one and my tampered glass screen protector I found on ebay there's a post on here for them 8 bucks. If you need any more help let me know and I'll see if I can get you the direct links.
27th January 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag The good ol Deep South
Thanks Meter: 49

381 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emart92

I don't have any photos but I ordered my UAG case from their website I have the black one and my tampered glass screen protector I found on ebay there's a post on here for them 8 bucks. If you need any more help let me know and I'll see if I can get you the direct links.

I'm currently running this combo and I honestly don't believe that I could be happier with anything other than my Black UAG case with the "Nillkin Amazing H+" Tempered Glass Protector. Everything looks GREAT, feels like it could be an oem "industrial" variant of the Note 3, and best of all, SUPERIOR protection all around the phone. I feel much, much more confident about the security and durability of my phone now that I've got it completely wrapped up all the way around. The Nillkin Amazing H+ TGP is a very solid, yet buttery smooth, screen protector that bonds to the screen sooooo well that no one else even knows that I've got a TGP on the front screen. The edges of this protector are sooo smoothly rounded over to where it meets the edges of my Note 3 that you don't really feel any gap in screen coverage at all. You can run your fingers up the side of the phone and they just glide right on up and over to the front of the phone ALMOST without even knowing that the TGP and the frame of the phone are totally separate pieces.

At first I was skeptical that this would work with my UAG case because before I had any kind of screen protector on the phone, it was already a very tight squeeze to fit it in the UAG case. I felt almost certain that any added thickness to the phone itself(the thickness of the TGP) would render my UAG case useless, but that was not the case. Yea, it took a tad bit more wiggling the phone around while trying to stuff it in the UAG case, but it popped right on in there just fine.

Everything fits together just wonderfully and I'm 100% satisfied that I went this route. I have no doubt in my mind that my VERY expensive Note 3 is protected from any drops, scratches, etc.(...not waterproof though =/ ) about as well as it's ever gonna be. Before I had my phone wrapped in this kinda of stellar protection, I would hardly let anyone use my phone for anything at all, let alone even touch it! But now, I feel comfortable enough that I don't hardly hesitate when 4-year old son asks me if I will let him hold my phone to flip through picture albums, watch his favorite movies and TV shows, play Angry Birds, or even draw me a silly picture with the S-Pen. If I ever, and that's big "IF", find myself in the market for a case/screen protector combo for this phone again in the future, I can just stop the search right there, dead in its tracks.....I'll be ordering the UAG case and Nillkin Amazing H+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector and calling it a day!!

....and one more thing....you better believe it...given the product availability and high rate of tech advancements we're currently experiencing, this combo WILL be part of my "arsenal" of accessories for my next phone, whatever that may be...Note 4?
Last edited by jsdecker10; 27th January 2014 at 07:45 AM.
27th January 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdecker10

I'm currently running this combo and I honestly don't believe that I could be happier with anything other than my Black UAG case with the "Nillkin Amazing H+" Tempered Glass Protector. Everything looks GREAT, feels like it could be an oem "industrial" variant of the Note 3, and best of all, SUPERIOR protection all around the phone. I feel much, much more confident about the security and durability of my phone now that I've got it completely wrapped up all the way around. The Nillkin Amazing H+ TGP is a very solid, yet buttery smooth, screen protector that bonds to the screen sooooo well that no one else even knows that I've got a TGP on the front screen. The edges of this protector are sooo smoothly rounded over to where it meets the edges of my Note 3 that you don't really feel any gap in screen coverage at all. You can run your fingers up the side of the phone and they just glide right on up and over to the front of the phone ALMOST without even knowing that the TGP and the frame of the phone are totally separate pieces.

At first I was skeptical that this would work with my UAG case because before I had any kind of screen protector on the phone, it was already a very tight squeeze to fit it in the UAG case. I felt almost certain that any added thickness to the phone itself(the thickness of the TGP) would render my UAG case useless, but that was not the case. Yea, it took a tad bit more wiggling the phone around while trying to stuff it in the UAG case, but it popped right on in there just fine.

Everything fits together just wonderfully and I'm 100% satisfied that I went this route. I have no doubt in my mind that my VERY expensive Note 3 is protected from any drops, scratches, etc.(...not waterproof though =/ ) about as well as it's ever gonna be. Before I had my phone wrapped in this kinda of stellar protection, I would hardly let anyone use my phone for anything at all, let alone even touch it! But now, I feel comfortable enough that I don't hardly hesitate when 4-year old son asks me if I will let him hold my phone to flip through picture albums, watch his favorite movies and TV shows, play Angry Birds, or even draw me a silly picture with the S-Pen. If I ever, and that's big "IF", find myself in the market for a case/screen protector combo for this phone again in the future, I can just stop the search right there, dead in its tracks.....I'll be ordering the UAG case and Nillkin Amazing H+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector and calling it a day!!

....and one more thing....you better believe it...given the product availability and high rate of tech advancements we're currently experiencing, this combo WILL be part of my "arsenal" of accessories for my next phone, whatever that may be...Note 4?

So tempted to get one too after seeing so many positive reviews on UAG case. But there's one thing that bothers me according to some reviews on amazon, has UAG revised on the design and left a cutout for the thermal sensor below the bottom right of the bezel?
27th January 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 303

1,416 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbizzar

So tempted to get one too after seeing so many positive reviews on UAG case. But there's one thing that bothers me according to some reviews on amazon, has UAG revised on the design and left a cutout for the thermal sensor below the bottom right of the bezel?

yes...
27th January 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Pyongyang
Thanks Meter: 5

95 posts
Donate to Me
I have the same combo but my tempered glass is brando 00.2mm. No problems with fitting and doesnt bury the home button. You will not even notice that it is tempered glass since it is soooo thin. I suggest you consider it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th January 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #8  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 230

1,369 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdecker10

Where did you get your Nillkin TPG? I've looked on ebay but they all ship from China. I know they are Chinese but I fell more comfortable when they ship from the US. UAG cases are awesome btw. I have the white and black one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #9  
Flag The good ol Deep South
Thanks Meter: 49

381 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking713

Where did you get your Nillkin TPG? I've looked on ebay but they all ship from China. I know they are Chinese but I fell more comfortable when they ship from the US. UAG cases are awesome btw. I have the white and black one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I ordered mine with my Amazon Prime account in the weeeee hours of Thursday, January 16th around like 3:00am-4:00am and got a knock on my door from the UPS man the very next day, Friday, January 17th around 2:45pm....that right there is why I LOVE Amazon Prime!! =) Given that, you don't need to worry one bit about putting your money out there on Ebay to a sketchy/iffy merchant on the other side of the planet in China, while not really knowing if you'll receive your order in 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month...or hell, quite possibly not even at all !! That's why I always try my darndest to stick with the "Fulfilled by Amazon" items on Amazon.com. Sooooo, anyway...lol...I got a little side-tracked there...my bad!

Anyway, what I was gettin at, was where I got my Nillkin TGP. I ordered it on Amazon and it was a "Fulfilled by Amazon" item, so I didn't have much of anything to worry about there. Just to make things a LOT quicker and a little bit more simplified for ya, I'll point ya in the right direction. Seriously though, click the link to Amazon at the bottom of this post, check out the Nillkin Amazing H+ TGP listing, gravitate the cursor on over towards the right side of the page and click "Add to Cart" and be done with it. A few days later when you receive it and carefully install it, you'll be looking this thread up to tell us just the same type of things that I also mentioned in my previous post..guaranteed.(Well, assuming that everything went well regarding your order, packaging quality, and item shipment, etc.)

Yea, it may only have a few customer reviews SO FAR, but take that with a grain of salt. As soon as I can get a spare chance, I'll also be adding my review for this Nillkin TGP. So don't hesitate to order one of these! Assuming that you know how to install it properly, or at least if you don't already know, do your homework and read all the advice here on these forums, read the instructions that come in the package (if you need to) and take your time putting it on your screen and you should be as happy of a customer as I am! Sooo, anyway, here's the link,,,,finalllllyyyy!!! lol

Amazon: "Nillkin Amazing H+ Tempered Glass Protector"

The Following User Says Thank You to jsdecker10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread