Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 45,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] suddenly FC and hot when playing asphalt 8

Tip us?
 
droidnux
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] suddenly FC and hot when playing asphalt 8

hi all, i wta when I play the Asphalt 8 suddenly in the middle of the game, its force close and my device is hot, is there a problem, I use the stock room and kernel, rooted deodexed 3.17 cpt, hbot 2.09 rumrunner s-off and mobile data is on, is there any advice and enlightenment
 
numel007
Old
#2  
numel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 387
Posts: 1,076
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Granite Bay, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnux View Post
hi all, i wta when I play the Asphalt 8 suddenly in the middle of the game, its force close and my device is hot, is there a problem, I use the stock room and kernel, rooted deodexed 3.17 cpt, hbot 2.09 rumrunner s-off and mobile data is on, is there any advice and enlightenment
Asphalt 8 will push the phone to its limit. The system may have killed it to prevent damage from overheating and also to save resources. Plus sense roms have lower 3D rendering abilities, so the game will naturally be a bit more unstable and prone to cause heating.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

 
polar2792
Old
#3  
polar2792's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 889
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gastonia, NC
Flash a custom kernel that allows overvolting and overclocking and see if that doesn't help. Change the governor to performance though.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
 
droidnux
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post
Asphalt 8 will push the phone to its limit. The system may have killed it to prevent damage from overheating and also to save resources. Plus sense roms have lower 3D rendering abilities, so the game will naturally be a bit more unstable and prone to cause heating.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar2792 View Post
Flash a custom kernel that allows overvolting and overclocking and see if that doesn't help. Change the governor to performance though.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Thks all, btw polar whats your recomended custom kernel
 
numel007
Old
#5  
numel007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 387
Posts: 1,076
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Granite Bay, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidnux View Post
Thks all, btw polar whats your recomended custom kernel
What version of android are you on? Not going to intrude on Polar's answer, just wondering.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

 
droidnux
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post
What version of android are you on? Not going to intrude on Polar's answer, just wondering.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Hi numel, im on stock 3.17 rooted deodexed sense 4 jb hboot 2.09 soff rumrunner what is your recomended kernel

Thks
 
polar2792
Old
#7  
polar2792's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 889
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Gastonia, NC
Dirty Mac newest stable

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more