Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Donations

Tip us?

ericpbritt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Donations

I would like to give a bit to help out the guys making these great roms and such, but I have a question...
What is generally considered a fair amount? Im not a rich guy or anything but I dont want to make a donation that might be considered insulting.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericpbritt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShrekOpher
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpbritt View Post
I would like to give a bit to help out the guys making these great roms and such, but I have a question...
What is generally considered a fair amount? Im not a rich guy or anything but I dont want to make a donation that might be considered insulting.
Any donation is better than none. The devs will be thankful for whatever you can afford. I have seen donations as small as a single dollar all the way up to 100 dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ShrekOpher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,554
There is no minimum or maximum amount ...as mentioned above...

I've donated to several developers over the years...and generally spend $25.00 to $50.00....

It is money well spent....and also lets our devs know we appreciate the countless hours of work...

$50.00 is a good chunk of cash...but if a dev takes 24-48 hours to compile a rom....then they get $1.00 to $2.00 dollars per hour for that $50.00 given...

A buck an hour isn't much for all of that time away from Family and Friends to give us great work....

The more we give...the more we get...

Don't break the bank....but give what you can...and I promise it will come back to you....in many forms....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregsarg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,679
Lots of developer donation links say "buy me a beer" or "buy me a coffee", so anyone can afford to do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eZdubzitmk4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,126

DONATE TO ME
We dont expect anything man. We are greatful regardless if its 50 dollars or if its 2 dollars.

Regards,
eZ

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
<---Click!
<-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eZdubzitmk4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpbritt View Post
Very thoughtful and considerate post...
"Spandex, it's a privilege. Not a right."
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]