5,600,664 Members 37,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zooper extremely slow on Note 3

Tip us?

Ce
Old
(Last edited by Ce; 29th December 2013 at 01:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Zooper extremely slow on Note 3

With every tap on the screen, both in the widget and the settings, Zoopers needs 10 to 30 seconds to respond, mostly followed by a black screen and a shut down of the app. Absolutely no fun to use. Changing some settings takes ages. Example: changing the date format took 6 minutes because of all the waiting between taps, the black screen and the crash of Zooper!!! The same action only took 30 seconds on another device.
What did I do to "cure" this problem: removed and reinstalled zooper, used Themer instead, used Nova launcher, full device reset (Yes, a hard reset) and only installed Zooper Widget Pro and a theme ("Easy Sales" from John Nada). Didn't help at all.

SchmilK
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce View Post
With every tap on the screen, both in the widget and the settings, Zoopers needs 10 to 30 seconds to respond, mostly followed by a black screen and a shut down of the app. Absolutely no fun to use. Changing some settings takes ages. Example: changing the date format took 6 minutes because of all the waiting between taps, the black screen and the crash of Zooper!!! The same action only took 30 seconds on another device.
What did I do to "cure" this problem: removed and reinstalled zooper, used Themer instead, used Nova launcher, full device reset (Yes, a hard reset) and only installed Zooper Widget Pro and a theme ("Easy Sales" from John Nada). Didn't help at all.
The only time I've noticed this slow performance is when editing a widget installed from The Play store. Editing the AutoSave version went back to instant update.

mangoose33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've got two notes 3. All is fine.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

mangoose33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce View Post
Well, I've encountered the same problem after the device went through updating. (4.3 > 4.4). Actually it didn't take a lot of time to figure out that the reason are the very fonts. My pre-update widget used to be build on some clock samsung font mostly and it's gone now. So there were a lot of low performanaces during chanching every "wrong" layout.

In a nutshell, it's FONTS fault. You either deleted one and Zooper still looking for it or installed some third party widget witch referes to some font that doesn't exist in your device. Merely replace it in every layout and all will be smooth.