Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] com.android.phone stopped!

Tip us?

d3aded
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone [Q] com.android.phone stopped!

hi guys

i just erased and reset my note 3 its on stock rom that it shipped with, although i have rooted the device
so right after it turns on post erase and factory reset i get the following error
unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
i know other threads have been made regarding this but what im surprised about is that my phone has just been reset and is literally clean [save for the sd card in place] why would i still get this error?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3aded View Post
hi guys

i just erased and reset my note 3 its on stock rom that it shipped with, although i have rooted the device
so right after it turns on post erase and factory reset i get the following error
unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
i know other threads have been made regarding this but what im surprised about is that my phone has just been reset and is literally clean [save for the sd card in place] why would i still get this error?
Another user had a similar error, it turned out to be the sim card causing it, when he swapped it for another it worked fine and the error stopped.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

d3aded
Old
(Last edited by d3aded; 28th January 2014 at 03:29 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Another user had a similar error, it turned out to be the sim card causing it, when he swapped it for another it worked fine and the error stopped.
but i have been using this sim card before this restore as well without any problems

update: even removing the sim brings up the error

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Try reflashing stock on it again and see what happens, maybe a bad root?

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Try taking out the SD Card also and booting up see if it still happens.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

mehdi.moha
Old
(Last edited by mehdi.moha; 28th January 2014 at 07:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 190
that bad-locky user is me !!!!!!!!!!!1
yes ,
i had same problem and searched on google , all the lines , the the topics and ask from most of developers on xda !!
but no one knows what is the problem .
i don't want to tell the story again , but just want to share with u , the problem is cause of the new modem ( or baseband ) !!
my sim card worked like charm on 4.3 ( my baseband was MJ7 ) , but after upgrated to polish 4.4 , after restart my phone this f*** error appear and is waiting for me to press " ok " !!
please be informed that no way back to 4.3 !!! , and this error will be remain on all custom 4.4 that are available on the xda , cause all of them are based on NA6 ... so all of them have the same baseband !!
plus , don't try to flash any 4.3 baseband on 4.4 , i did that before and (( thanks god my phone is still alive )) i thought my phone was fu*** up !! every time i rebooted my phone , it had rebooted twice !!! first time came up with the error and after 3 sec it rebooted by itself and come up without error !!!!! + sometime it shut-down by itself ...
actually , this problem will not resolve with any reset , factory reset , clean install , wipe cache ...
so we should wait and crossing or finger to receive our region's 4.4 .
I'm on Iran , as u may knows my country is on global sanction , so i bought my phone from Dubai and sumsung added my language to dubai version MJ7.

i should wait for 4.4 update for MJ7 modem . but i'm confusing , why all of 4.4 modems are NA6 till now ? what should i do if Dubai receive 4.4 NA6 update instead of different modem !!!
so :
-please share with me if u find any other solution . thank u
-a question , what was your previous baseband ? and what is your new one ?
-put your phone on airplan and restart your phone , do you still have the F*** error ?
========================================

SONY Wake-up Please ,Use you Experience ... Time to ENTER The XPERIA PLAY 2