Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,981 Members 38,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fastboot is lost to my phone

Tip us?

Sylexision
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Fastboot is lost to my phone

Recently I soft-bricked my LG Optimus G (e975) and used KDZ updater to re-install original firmware. after re-rooting the phone with framaroot i can no longer enter fastboot mode on my phone. I typed in the command on adb to reboot into fastboot but the phone's response is to go ahead and trigger a normal reboot. I tried using teh button combinations to get into fastboot to no avail. its as if fastboot has just vanished off my phone.

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexision View Post
Recently I soft-bricked my LG Optimus G (e975) and used KDZ updater to re-install original firmware. after re-rooting the phone with framaroot i can no longer enter fastboot mode on my phone. I typed in the command on adb to reboot into fastboot but the phone's response is to go ahead and trigger a normal reboot. I tried using teh button combinations to get into fastboot to no avail. its as if fastboot has just vanished off my phone.
Now that your phone is rooted, install freegee from playstore to unlock your device. Use Freegee to unlock your phone's bootloader, you will be asked in freegee whether to install CWM or TWRP as a recovery. After choosing, it will install the recovery. The recovery has fastboot.
Genius.

DEVICE: LG Optimus G Pro F240
ROM: VANIR 4.4.4

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3

Sylexision
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default I wish that worked

Funny thing is i tried FreeGee already and it forces my phone to a playstore app called busybox or something like that. if i press the back button to get back to the app it goes crazy and runs a window telling me "Tried twice to copy utilities and it failed" then my phone reboots. (Screenshot is attatched)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-28-01-58-42[1].png
Views:	24
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2543886  

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Funny thing is i tried FreeGee already and it forces my phone to a playstore app called busybox or something like that. if i press the back button to get back to the app it goes crazy and runs a window telling me "Tried twice to copy utilities and it failed" then my phone reboots. (Screenshot is attatched)
Just try it again. I got that error before, but after few tries, it worked.

OR

Try to turn off your phone, then press Vol up + power button. This is for fastboot.
Genius.

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3
The Following User Says Thank You to MitoTakatori For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sylexision
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ive tried a lot of times and it still isnt working

Doing that just brings me to stock recovery

kt-Froggy
Old
(Last edited by kt-Froggy; 28th January 2014 at 07:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 600
Quote:
Go to Play Store and install BusyBox. It's pretty much an essential component for a rooted device, anyway. There are several BusyBox installers, I would suggest the one by Stericson. Then try FreeGee again.
Optimus G F180S, VDT V23 (KK 4.4.2)
Galaxy S5, rooted stock 4.4.2
Venue 8, rooted stock 4.4.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sylexision
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default THANK YOU

Well as obvious as that solution may have seemed i (just as obviously) never thought of it. Thanks for the suggestions and the patience. it worked
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylexision For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MitoTakatori
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Well as obvious as that solution may have seemed i (just as obviously) never thought of it. Thanks for the suggestions and the patience. it worked
Good for you.
Genius.

OTHER DEVICE:
Nokia X7 - MiG CFW 3.3