Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Questions][Questions From a dev][Willing To Move To Lg g Pad]

OP mythi

27th January 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #1  
mythi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,812
 
1,371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys...

I am willing to buy an lg g pad 8.3 but to just root it and make it my doll and make roms for it to share , but i got a few questions to ask .

The questions are :

Is it worth the buy

Is the Performace good

I dont care since i will debloat and make my rom and publish but ahh

How's the screen ?

Is it easy to root ?

Does it have a locked bootloader ?

Where can i get the stcok frimware files ? so that if something happenes i can simply flash stock

How are the speakers ?

Is the ir blaster useful ?

I hope i get answeres to my stupid questions
27th January 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Wow! Los of questions.
1. Yes, I think it's worth the buy.
2. Performence are okay on stock rom, pretty fast, spectacular on AOSP roms.
3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the wires are kinds yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
4. Yes, it has a locked bootloader, and we use loki to bypass it.
5. Lg has a restoration tool
6. The speakers are pretty loud, kinda tinny, but okay.
7. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb

Wow! Lots of questions.
1. Yes, I think it's worth the buy.
2. Performence are okay on stock rom, pretty good, spectacular on AOSP roms.
3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the whitew are kind of yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
4.I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
5. Yes, it has a locked bootloader, and we use loki to bypass it.
6. Lg has a restoration tool
7. The speakers are pretty loud, kinda tinny, but okay.
8. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk



Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to EdenGottlieb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #3  
mythi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,812
 
1,371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb

Wow! Los of questions.
1. Yes, I think it's worth the buy.
2. Performence are okay on stock rom, pretty fast, spectacular on AOSP roms.
3. The screen is great if you are not perfectionist, some of the slates have a light leak from the buttom at low brightness, and the wires are kinds yellow but that's totally fixable with screen adjusting apps. Besides the problems , it is very high resolution, great colors, great contrast.
I think it is pretty easy to root, not easy as a nexua but easy enough. You develop roms so it will be easy for you.
4. Yes, it has a locked bootloader, and we use loki to bypass it.
5. Lg has a restoration tool
6. The speakers are pretty loud, kinda tinny, but okay.
7. Not so much. The Qremote on the G Pad is pretty limited, and it doesnt work on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

thanks alot dude but is there a way to lock to bootloader again , sorry for asking to many questions
27th January 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Yes, using the lg tool.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #5  
mythi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 1,812
 
1,371 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenGottlieb

Yes, using the lg tool.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

now i can easily shift

edit: is there any link to any of the tools

loki and flash tool ?

sorry for being stupid
27th January 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
You're not stupid, and we're here to help.
Loki is used in all the Root and custom recovery methods, it will tell you what to do, you dont have to download anything special.
The LG tool can be found in the return to stock in general

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #7  
LeighR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96
 
557 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Rooting is very easy, about 5 minutes including finding the thread, reading the instructions, downloading the script and running it. Once you have done it, it's less than 30 seconds to do.

KDZ file is available. Check the "return to stock" thread.

It's a very nice device. The upcoming Samsung 8.4 will probably surpass it but it's excellent for the price. LG do things a little differently to Samsung but if you have experience with a LG device, you will be fine.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
28th January 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #8  
ikenvape's Avatar
Senior Member
East PA
Thanks Meter: 287
 
531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi

now i can easily shift

edit: is there any link to any of the tools

loki and flash tool ?

sorry for being stupid

This will help. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2590185
The tool can be found on Lg's website as well and is a total breeze. Best tablet I ever owned.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes