TMo Dash 3g update

Search This thread

davsug

Jun 14, 2007
does anyone have the official TMo Dash 3g ROM upgrade (ver 1.17.531.6) that was on Tmo's site? It's been removed from their site, and I searched in the forums but can't seem to find it.

edit...never mind...found it.

Last edited:

offboss

Oct 22, 2008
official tmo 6.5 locks up at 27%

anyone find a fix for this?

happens with hard spl 1.17 and 1.19

cinimod1000

Mar 17, 2006
I would imagine if you "reset" the spl to 1.17 or 1.19 it will load.
I loaded it on a "virgin" Dash 3G new out of the box. During the upgrade process, it reset at 13%, and then paused for a FEW MINUTES at 27% (using XP).

Go back to this thread and reload the "Original SPL" on your Dash, and then try again. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=550620

Works fine, EXCEPT for the notifications and reminders "VIB" functions as set up in my Profile settings. Looks like HTC is determined to "upgrade" the volume control at the expense of full profile functionality.........looks like the end of the road with WM (Sph) for me. I rely on the vibrate reminders in particular for meetings etc. Back to 6.1 for the moment.

Last edited:

yogibellas

Oct 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Spl 1.26.0000

Good Day,

To load this without error...

First Download

Dash3G (Maple): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by Jock Dash3G then extract to a file and remove 1.19 hard spl.nbh and any other nbh files.

Then Extract the The new 3g rom to a file, copy the spl.nbh from there into the file you extracted Dash3G (Maple): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

Run the auto exe and flash the new spl to your Maple.
after the phone is done customizing flash the new rom.

Work for me... Good luck

Last edited:

abofihmi

Jan 19, 2008
Portland
Spl 1.25.000

I folowed your instruction but I have an issue with with flashing the original SPL, it stop on 97%, after a while i gave up and after rebooting the phone the SPL reads 1.25.000 then flash the t-mobile 6.5ROM and it went through and my phone is happy. me too.

jarroyo

Still not able to flash the T-Mobile version

Tried the ideas on here but still cannot get this version flashed.

I folowed your instruction but I have an issue with with flashing the original SPL, it stop on 97%, after a while i gave up and after rebooting the phone the SPL reads 1.25.000 then flash the t-mobile 6.5ROM and it went through and my phone is happy. me too.

jarroyo

Upgrading to 6.5

Of course, T-Mobile tech support's solution is to send a new phone! I don't believe for an instant that this will have ANYTHING to do with solving the problem but, well, it is new and shiny!

When I downgraded to 6.1, that changed the spl to 1.17 from 1.19. Is
that what is being referred to? I tried the hard reset before as well.
Tried to upgrade from 6.1 to the t-mobile official version. I don't seem to have a problem going to the Windows Mobile 6.5 3VO version. I tried calling T-Mobile tech support but, surprise, their solution is to send me a new Dash! Okay, I don't mind the new phone but it really shouldn't be necessary. I guess having a new one will be easier to do the official upgrade.

Any instructions on what I should do to get the phone in a format so I
can do the upgrade would be appreciated. Is there a way to do the
upgrade from the memory stick?

aaronbaird1

Dec 25, 2008

I have confirmed this. You can not just run Jockys RomUpdateUtility.exe though, it will not work. You must run the auto.bat from within winmo. If you are stuck at the tri color then just reflash any spl (jocky) using the romupdateutility and it should boot. Then run the auto.bat. It will freeze at 97%, remove battery and USB, insert battery. You will see tri color with error code. Run T-mobile update and it should work.

EDIT:
Ok so to recap
1) Extract Jockeys HARD SPL and T-Mobile's 6.5 Rom into seperate folders.
2) Delete any .nbh files from Jockys directory
3) Copy the SPL.nbh from T-mobile directory into Jockeys
4) Run jockys auto.bat with your phone started up in windows mobile.
5) It will freeze at 97%, wait a minute and remove battery and usb.
6) Re-insert battery and power on. You will see tri color with error code.
7) Run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe from T-mobile 6.5 directory.

If you are stuck at tri color and cant boot into windows mobile to run auto.bat:
1) Follow steps 1 - 3 above.
2) run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe in Jockys directory. It will complete but will not change the SPL for some reason and boot into windows mobile.
3) Continue from step 4 above.

Last edited:

ecouzens

Jul 22, 2009
I downloaded the new ROM from t-mobile but it’s an executable. How do I extract the spl from this file?
Any help would be appreciated.

rascal9

Feb 16, 2009
If you right click the ROM you can extract it. Just extract it to a folder. Then follow the instructions.

mrgreencom

Sep 24, 2008
Finally got this to install!

I had to revert back to my original SPL by replacing the hard_SPL in the main folder and then running auto.bat (just running the RUU doesn't work).

The I ran the new T-Mobile ROM and it froze, but installed the new SPL.

Ran it again and it worked!