5,595,760 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vevo App Kills My Battery

Tip us?

lexluthor
Old
(Last edited by lexluthor; 11th December 2013 at 08:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Default Vevo App Kills My Battery

Ever since an update a couple of months back, Vevo is killing my battery.

I have a Chromecast device and after using Vevo, I show constant communication between Vevo and my Chromecast device (using network log app).

My phone will not sleep after using Vevo (confirmed via better battery stats). As soon as I uninstall Vevo, my phone sleeps again.

I've emailed Vevo a few times and they have not responded. They've also issued a few updates since I noticed the issue and those updates have not fixed the problem.

Can anyone with a chromecast confirm this same behavior as well? I have a Verizon GS3, running stock (4.1.2) /rooted.

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Is anyone able to at least confirm the same experience?

jack man
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Is anyone able to at least confirm the same experience?
confirmed. I downloaded vevo yesterday to try it out with my Chromecast. Then I noticed my wifi on my phone was constantly downloading and uploading. I was losing about 10% battery every 15 minutes or so. I didn't realize it was the app until today. Uninstalled Vevo, now my phone is back to normal. Not gonna bother with Vevo again.
Jack Man

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
Current Rom: Stock 4.3

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Current ROM: ShoStock3 Jelly Bean by Shoman94

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S i897
Current ROM: Stock GB (given to my Dad)
-----------------------
Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Stock; all of my flashing is done on my phones.)

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man View Post
confirmed. I downloaded vevo yesterday to try it out with my Chromecast. Then I noticed my wifi on my phone was constantly downloading and uploading. I was losing about 10% battery every 15 minutes or so. I didn't realize it was the app until today. Uninstalled Vevo, now my phone is back to normal. Not gonna bother with Vevo again.
Great. Finally found someone else with the problem. What phone, what OS?

Do you happen to be a Plex user too? I get it with Plex too, but I don't get it with all chromecast apps. Strange. I had Plex support helping for a bit, but they stopped replying. Vevo support is worthless. They won't reply.

jack man
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Great. Finally found someone else with the problem. What phone, what OS?

Do you happen to be a Plex user too? I get it with Plex too, but I don't get it with all chromecast apps. Strange. I had Plex support helping for a bit, but they stopped replying. Vevo support is worthless. They won't reply.
I'm using a Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3 (pure stock) on AT&T. I'm not familiar with Plex. I was hoping Vevo would be good to keep because I found lots of videos on there that I was looking forward to watching. Oh, well...
Jack Man

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
Current Rom: Stock 4.3

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Current ROM: ShoStock3 Jelly Bean by Shoman94

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S i897
Current ROM: Stock GB (given to my Dad)
-----------------------
Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Stock; all of my flashing is done on my phones.)

lexluthor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man View Post
I'm using a Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3 (pure stock) on AT&T. I'm not familiar with Plex. I was hoping Vevo would be good to keep because I found lots of videos on there that I was looking forward to watching. Oh, well...
Same phone. Interesting.