XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Issues with charging and mobile networks

Tip us?

vivek572
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Issues with charging and mobile networks

I just received my Moto G yesterday (in the UK). I am unable to charge the phone using the cable provided with the phone. Other cables either do not work, or charge improperly (keeps going on and off, rapidly). With a wall charger, the charging is extremely slow, taking over 10 minutes to increase the charge by 1%.

Also, the phone is refusing to connect to my 3G network. I have even tried resetting the access point details. It works fine when it's connected to wifi.

Does anybody else have these issues? Do I need to ask Motorola for a replacement?

tkelly0727
Old
(Last edited by tkelly0727; 10th December 2013 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
i don't have that problem. no issues with battery at all I'm getting about get about 6 hour or more SOT. maybe you may need to replace it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Phone:Motorola Moto G
Stock: Stock 4.3

Tablet:Nexus 7 2012
Rom: Stock 4.4

jufa2401
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
My Moto G bugs me out when charging sometimes as well, however my issue is different.

When charging it won't go beyond the 1% from wall charger. But it can charge from PC, however the phone gets extremely laggy when charging for some reason.
Motorola Defy (great device)
HTC Sensation
Nexus 7 (2012)
Moto G

studentu05
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Smile Moto G not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufa2401 View Post
My Moto G bugs me out when charging sometimes as well, however my issue is different.

When charging it won't go beyond the 1% from wall charger. But it can charge from PC, however the phone gets extremely laggy when charging for some reason.
got a MOTO G for my wife and we did not have any problems with it for a while until it stopped charging.Tried 5-6 chargers all HTC,SAMSUNG genuine 1Amp some working some not.The ones that were working stopped after a few days.It will charge from PC but it takes to long.

Ordered a charger from ebay and it worked for a day or two and it stopped also.
Any ideas why guys?

tje1991
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentu05 View Post
got a MOTO G for my wife and we did not have any problems with it for a while until it stopped charging.Tried 5-6 chargers all HTC,SAMSUNG genuine 1Amp some working some not.The ones that were working stopped after a few days.It will charge from PC but it takes to long.

Ordered a charger from ebay and it worked for a day or two and it stopped also.
Any ideas why guys?
Hi no problems with mine I charge it with a 750ma Samsung charger charges absolutely fine I can also charge mine in the car with a 500ma USB adapter and cable. I think your phone is faulty and is burning the chargers out probably better off just getting a replacement.

dubidu
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek572 View Post
I just received my Moto G yesterday (in the UK). I am unable to charge the phone using the cable provided with the phone. Other cables either do not work, or charge improperly (keeps going on and off, rapidly). With a wall charger, the charging is extremely slow, taking over 10 minutes to increase the charge by 1%.

Also, the phone is refusing to connect to my 3G network. I have even tried resetting the access point details. It works fine when it's connected to wifi.

Does anybody else have these issues? Do I need to ask Motorola for a replacement?
For the charging issue with "unofficial" cables, you can try the tool in this thread, it may work:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2601628