[MOD] - Navbar/sotfkeys 30dp to cm10.2 for xperia ZL
Thanks to help from Drummerjed, for doing more than making this mod, but for teaching me to do it myself.
I leave here the framework-res.apk modified by me (for cm10.2 stable version only) and the guide made by Drummerjed
"Hi, it's very easy to do:
1.Download the latest version of Tickle My Android from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1633333
2. Install it using the instructions in the first post
3. Open Tickle My Android and select Option 2 (Theming Menu)
4.Then select Option 2 (Pull Files From Device)
5. Connect your phone to your PC, make sure you have ADB installed correctly on your PC and 'USB debugging' is enabled on your phone
6. Select Option 1 to pull framework-res.apk from your phone
7. When it asks you if you'd like to decompile the file say yes (y)
8. Then select yes (y) again when it asks you if you'd like to install the file to the PC
9. Go to the '_working' folder in the 'TickleMyAndroid' directory and open the 'framework-res.apk' folder
10. Navigate to 'res/values/dimens.xml' and open 'dimens.xml' with notepad++
11. You should see "navigation_bar_height" "navigation_bar_height_landscape" and "navigation_bar_width" near the top of the list
12. Change the values of these strings to 36.0dip, 36.0dip and 32.0dip in that order
13. Save the file. Close Tickle My Android if it's already open, then launch it again
14. Select Option 2 (Theming Menu) again
15. Then select Option 14 (Recompile Files)
16. Select Option 2 (Recompile App With Original Signature)
17. Select "framework-res.apk" then say yes (y) to recompile it
18. The new "framework-res.apk" file will be in the '_out' folder in the 'TickleMyAndroid' directory
19. Now simply push this file to your phone and move it to /system/framework and overwrite when prompted. Or you can create a flashable zip with Tickle My Android, just select Option 17 from the Theming Menu
Hope this helps. This guide should work with all future versions of Android."
To use my framework-res.apk modified just use some app file manager (eg root explorer) and put in the folder /system/framework. For me to put the apk the device reboots automatically but it works.
Remember to make a backup before, it may give some wrong things ok!
- Xperia ZQ (ZL) - c6543 Black with eXistenZ v4.0.0
- Xperia Z Ultra - c6833 White with monXdifedZ 02.03P
Nokia 5230 > Xperia Neo > Xperia Arc > Xperia S > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Note 2 > Galaxy S3 (again for 1 week ) > Xperia Z > Xperia ZQ & Xperia Z Ultra
No matter how much we try to hide it, we all have some creative juices flowing somewhere … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?