No registration required

[Q] Lock on SIII screen after 1 successful boot to MOAR 7.1

OP powerkatwedel

21st January 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Hi,

I have a rooted VZW S3 and have been running Jelly Beans build 20 for a while now. Wanting to give a 4.3 rom a try I loaded up MOAR 7.1. Wiped everything, I possibly could without wiping my SD card. Flashed the rom, no problems. Booted it up, no problems. Then if I do a reboot, even after it has sat for a while without me doing anything to it, I get stuck on the Samsung SIII screen. I can do a battery pull and go to TWRP then wipe and get back to my Jelly Beans, but I'd like to give MOAR 7.1 a try. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by powerkatwedel; 22nd January 2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: I have tried this also with the ML1 modem installed and got the same result.
22nd January 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,628

5,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerkatwedel

Hi,

I have a rooted VZW S3 and have been running Jelly Beans build 20 for a while now. Wanting to give a 4.3 rom a try I loaded up MOAR 7.1. Wiped everything, I possibly could without wiping my SD card. Flashed the rom, no problems. Booted it up, no problems. Then if I do a reboot, even after it has sat for a while without me doing anything to it, I get stuck on the Samsung SIII screen. I can do a battery pull and go to TWRP then wipe and get back to my Jelly Beans, but I'd like to give MOAR 7.1 a try. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Make sure to use the latest TWRP and did you install ML1 modem like instructed so?
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Make sure to use the latest TWRP and did you install ML1 modem like instructed so?

Yeah I have the latest build if twrp and I think I already has the correct Mode from a prior rom. I didn't even check to verify guess I got too excited. I'll check and report back. Thanks.
22nd January 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Well I didn't have the ML1 modem so I wiped everything clean, installed the modem, then the rom. Got the same result.
23rd January 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:

Well I didn't have the ML1 modem so I wiped everything clean, installed the modem, then the rom. Got the same result.

Any other ideas that may be causing this?
23rd January 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,628

5,448 posts
Quote:

Any other ideas that may be causing this?

Here is another user solved the issue, take from the thread:
"What I did was upgrade my recovery with Goo, I removed the SD card, I wiped the internal memory (not sure if this is necessary but what the hell), factory wiped, installed 7.1, once the phone booted up I logged in to gmail, let it sync, didn't install anything else and rebooted just to make sure it reboots fine, and it worked. Then I installed all my apps with TB without data, just the apps. That is what I did. I had the same problem as you for two days and was frustrated but then I read that if you upgrade your recovery it would work fine. I am assuming you are trying to wipe cache and it is telling you that it can't be mounted, that is another problem I was having, so I am assuming that by wiping the internal memory it cleared that problem up. I hope this helps you out. Hopefully someone here can either back up what I am saying or call me crazy and help you out. Good luck."
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 40

176 posts
More
What kernel are you installing? I had similar problem trying to install with LK. But that is just my phone not playing nice with it unfortunately (nothing wrong with LK) try DKP or KT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Lehocki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehocki

What kernel are you installing? I had similar problem trying to install with LK. But that is just my phone not playing nice with it unfortunately (nothing wrong with LK) try DKP or KT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

I have tried LK and the Stock and was still getting it. I was able to get it to install last night finally and work, but now my WiFi isn't working.
28th January 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:

I have tried LK and the Stock and was still getting it. I was able to get it to install last night finally and work, but now my WiFi isn't working.

I was never able to get the WiFi to work, so I switched roms and was able to get everything working on Wicked. Thanks for all the help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread