Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

EFS folder deleted and no IMEI help?

Tip us?

Truckermal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default EFS folder deleted and no IMEI help?

Hi everyone I have been a long time lurker here and need a bit of help please.

I was trying to unlock my GT I9505 via the service menu but I accidentally deleted my EFS folder so now my IMEI shows just /02 and nothing else.

Is there any way to restore this or can anyone log on to my PC and do something I have no problem making a Paypal donation in order to sort this.

I appreciate your help.

Mal.

Hyuna-A
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermal View Post
could i use a s3 for that or s2??
don't do this

Truckermal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any suggestions to fix this anyone?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 545

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckermal View Post
Any suggestions to fix this anyone?
Get it to Service Centre to repair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Truckermal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Get it to Service Centre to repair

Hi I done that but they cannot fix it as the phone was rooted, the only thing they will do is install a new board which costs nearly as much as the phone. Is there any tool available to fix it by PC?

Cheers.

Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 28th January 2014 at 02:07 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi I done that but they cannot fix it as the phone was rooted, the only thing they will do is install a new board which costs nearly as much as the phone. Is there any tool available to fix it by PC?

Cheers.
If the phone is rooted and they dont wanna fix it then go ahead ,flash stock rom and do reset / factory reset to make it back to official roms to get back to warranty , Im sure your phone still has warranty? . Or you can try this one

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Truckermal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
If the phone is rooted and they dont wanna fix it then go ahead ,flash stock rom and do reset / factory reset to make it back to official roms to get back to warranty , Im sure your phone still has warranty? .
The knox counter is 0x1 though and they have a record of the IMEI now..

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The knox counter is 0x1 though and they have a record of the IMEI now..
I really dont understand why would you send your phone rooted to the service center hehe Kiddin , try this method if its gonna work . If not Im sure alot of xda member's Willl help to continue to resolve this issue. have a nice day.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Truckermal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I really dont understand why would you send your phone rooted to the service center hehe Kiddin , try this method if its gonna work . If not Im sure alot of xda member's Willl help to continue to resolve this issue. have a nice day.
OK thanks very much for your help, if it works I will send you on beer tokens!