Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touch Pro 2 rebooting in loop.

Tip us?

plrusek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Touch Pro 2 rebooting in loop.

So, today I booted up my phone, To my surprise, it didn't boot correctly. The Windows logo appeared for a second, and then it went dark. Then, the phone booted again. And it's like this in loop.

I tried to hard reset. Didn't work, the same thing happens.

So then I thought of flashing some ROM. I didn't have Hard-SPL on my phone before that happened, and in order to load it, I have to estabilish an ActiveSync connection... which I simply can't do, since the WMO doesn't want to boot.

So, any solution to that? Thanks.

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by plrusek View Post
So, today I booted up my phone, To my surprise, it didn't boot correctly. The Windows logo appeared for a second, and then it went dark. Then, the phone booted again. And it's like this in loop.

I tried to hard reset. Didn't work, the same thing happens.

So then I thought of flashing some ROM. I didn't have Hard-SPL on my phone before that happened, and in order to load it, I have to estabilish an ActiveSync connection... which I simply can't do, since the WMO doesn't want to boot.

So, any solution to that? Thanks.
Try flashing the stock rom from the sd card.
The Following User Says Thank You to wizardknight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

plrusek
Old
(Last edited by plrusek; 24th January 2014 at 09:58 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Try flashing the stock rom from the sd card.
EDIT: ok, so i downloaded few roms and one managed to flash through exe. i was happy, until i saw that booting the phone took longer than usual - just like before flashing a rom (much longer at the part where it shows all the info about phone)

then it got to that little animation. Windows logo appeared and then......... it went black. rebooted. one time it actually tried to install windows but right at the beginning screen went black and phone rebooted.

EDIT2,3: my battery run out on android and was overdrained. i think this is the cause... it also boots up the phone if i plug any usb cable in.

EDIT4: i just thought - if i managed to flash a rom, the battery IS charged. the bootloader mode was on for at least 20 minutes. so what is really the issue?

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Try flashing the STOCK rom from the sd card.
Flashing a rom requires a working charged battery.
Once that works move on to other options.

plrusek
Old
(Last edited by plrusek; 28th January 2014 at 03:13 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Try flashing the STOCK rom from the sd card.
Flashing a rom requires a working charged battery.
Once that works move on to other options.
I already flashed one! I just flashed it from my computer to the phone through bootloader, I can't seem to find any stock roms that I can put on my SD card. And as i said, i can't flash a custom one because I don't have HardSPL on my phone.

And the battery seems to work correctly on bootloader.

plrusek
Old
(Last edited by plrusek; 29th January 2014 at 05:26 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
okay, i'm down. got a new battery, and the problem still remains. i might have tried flashing the stock rom through sd card, if only i could FIND !!!! one (RHOD100, so GSM). any help on that? i'll gladly appreciate it.

EDIT: so i managed to flash the stock rom from htc - .exe is extracting the image file to temp somewhere, so that's how i got it. unfortunately, that didn't change anything. i'll leave my phone rebooting for a night and see what's up tommorow...

EDIT2: phone is dead. i will have to move on from windows mobile... about time.