5,605,187 Members 37,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

{CLOSED} [TUT] 1/11/2014 HDX8.9 Working Play Store, GAPPS & PARTIAL Amz Services...

Tip us?

ljwobker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhoops View Post
I need some help...run every step to the letter, and the hdx.bat will not recognize the device. I get a message "the system cannot find the path specified". adb devices lists my device. I have double checked paths and all settings (Java & Android SDK). I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
This error means that the command cannot find the directory specified - it doesn't mean it can't find the FILE (this is commonly confused). MOST of the time this is because you either have whitespace errors (on windows environments) or you've tried to put a variable into a path list and gotten the syntax or escaping wrong. Often you can get rid of this (or avoid it) by using very very simple paths like "C:\hacker" instead of "C:\Windows\Documents and settings\Bob The User\Some $ing directory\blah\bin\lib\findMeNever"

The Following User Says Thank You to ljwobker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mullinsd5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Spontanous restart and Kindle is upgrading loop

The process went painlessly for me, making the modifications into a Safestrap partition.

I was able to install a number of apps from the google play store but, after a while, the device dropped into a continuous loop of the yellow Kindle Fire screen, followed by a Kindle is upgrading message.

After several loops, the device finally shows the home screen.

Is this a common experience? Is there a fix?

Bear6009
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok, I am seeking the other thread here on kindle forums saying they have kindle store + gapps working without swapping. I am a little nervous to try this as I used the OP method.

Has anyone got all Amazon + Gapps working 100%?

For me, I still have issues with books and gmail and no working Amazon store?

Can someone enlighten me

ptrsnshane
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear6009 View Post
Ok, I am seeking the other thread here on kindle forums saying they have kindle store + gapps working without swapping. I am a little nervous to try this as I used the OP method.

Has anyone got all Amazon + Gapps working 100%?

For me, I still have issues with books and gmail and no working Amazon store?

Can someone enlighten me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49784698

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrsnshane View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49784698

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app
Yes, for now, the best route is SafeStrap, rom slot, Hashcode stock rom, Xposed framework/module & gapps flashable.

I am at a standstill with anything else right now due to heavy influx of projects & upcoming deadlines.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology: