Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Post Reply

[Q] Need help with ui lock and unlock sounds

27th January 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Well, time for my first post. Hopefully I don't come off as too much of a noob.

I was messing around with the lock and unlock .ogg files in my Note 3's ui with Root Explorer. I was trying to change them to the codec noises of the original Metal Gear Solid. But alas, I replaced the files, rebooted, and nothing changed except for the fact that when I lock my phone there's no noise at all. Could someone offer me a solution?
27th January 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #2  
ginger man's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Did you rename them exactly the same as the ones you were replacing?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger man

Did you rename them exactly the same as the ones you were replacing?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yup, I made sure of that.
27th January 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #4  
ginger man's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livoti

Yup, I made sure of that.

Were they originally in ogg format?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger man

Were they originally in ogg format?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No, I converted them from mp3 to ogg with MediaConverter.
28th January 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #6  
ginger man's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livoti

No, I converted them from mp3 to ogg with MediaConverter.

Hmm... Check permissions and verify they're the same as all the others. Also are you running a custom rom? I know some have multiple locations to toggle the lock screen sounds. I'm running out of ideas here haha. I've changed mine to stock 4.4 sounds before no prob.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger man

Hmm... Check permissions and verify they're the same as all the others. Also are you running a custom rom? I know some have multiple locations to toggle the lock screen sounds. I'm running out of ideas here haha. I've changed mine to stock 4.4 sounds before no prob.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just checked the permissions and they're the exact same. No, I'm using the stock ROM. Probably going to install a custom one and see if that does anything. Haha
28th January 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #8  
lmike6453's Avatar
Senior Member
Phila
Thanks Meter: 318
 
709 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger man

Hmm... Check permissions and verify they're the same as all the others. Also are you running a custom rom? I know some have multiple locations to toggle the lock screen sounds. I'm running out of ideas here haha. I've changed mine to stock 4.4 sounds before no prob.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

+1 on permissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livoti

I just checked the permissions and they're the exact same. No, I'm using the stock ROM. Probably going to install a custom one and see if that does anything. Haha

What is the exact permissions on those files? If they're the same name, only other thing could be is permissions or the media file itself
28th January 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmike6453

+1 on permissions



What is the exact permissions on those files? If they're the same name, only other thing could be is permissions or the media file itself

This is what the permissions look like for the stock sounds and the sounds I'm trying to use.
postimg(dot)org/image/9dkmih0sj/
I guess I'm to new to post links. Haha

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank