Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Not Much Development

OP Chopstix9

26th January 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #11  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,488

3,441 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92578

Yeah I'm not so much addicted but it's really fun flashing different roms to see which one suits me best. Hyperdrive and touchwiz isn't for me. I like seeing whats out there other than safestrap with only one rom flashable "HD" and touchwiz.. I prefer having clocking and volting capabilities I have the s4 because it's the best phone IMO. And your right the G2 is a nice phone indeed.. But I see soo many people in these forums wishing they had MDK S4. Or mad that they accidently updated their MDK s4's I'm just letting every one know that in a 2 month period I have bought 2 Brown Verizon S4's and walked out with the MDK version. And you will too.

My cousin just got the brown it was on mi1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #12  
sioux falls
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

My cousin just got the brown it was on mi1

Maybe it depends where you get it from I got mine from a bestbuy mobile in a mall with a verizon store just 100 feet from it. so people will just go to verizon to get it. maybe factor in things like that. Like walmart might have them on the MDK. Order one from the best buy mobile in the empire mall sioux falls SD. Idk you can't buy them from places that have alot of traffic I'd think. maybe I'm wrong but I know brown is not the popular color. 2 months apart I got 2 MDK phones Brown. Sorry to here that though.
27th January 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Monroe, MI
Thanks Meter: 46

363 posts
More
I'm not I guess what U would call a crack flasher ... I've been with my GNex since the week it hit the market. I like finding a nice stable ROM with some customizations I like and I stick with it... When I got my GNex, I ran Gummy up until they dis-banded for some time instead of trying to re-write their entire build when Jelly Bean came out. I switched to XenonHD then and ran that up and through 4.3 releases. They were slow coming out with a 4.4 build so I am running Liquid KK which is adequate. I am grandfathered into the old unlimited data plan, I get 17+ down and 8 on the upstream on the phone here, so I run the house off the phones, got rid of cable net long ago. So tethering is important to me, then just a few other things like customizabe status bar/tiles and navbar. Other than that I don't have a lot of other use for elaborate features in a ROM. Nice n clean n smooth is all. May be switching to a different phone and poking around to see what's out there is all ...
28th January 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Monroe, MI
Thanks Meter: 46

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhistler

Phone is locked down. Not only that, it comes pre-loaded with an incredible array of crapware: both from Samsung and Verizon. It'll make your S4 run like my old HTC Hero. (Well, that is an exaggeration, but you get the idea. That crapware does negatively impact performance.)

My next phone will almost certainly be a Nexus.

Crapware isn't an issue, just freeze it with TiBU
28th January 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #15  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 319

1,065 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstix9

I'm not I guess what U would call a crack flasher ... I've been with my GNex since the week it hit the market. I like finding a nice stable ROM with some customizations I like and I stick with it... When I got my GNex, I ran Gummy up until they dis-banded for some time instead of trying to re-write their entire build when Jelly Bean came out. I switched to XenonHD then and ran that up and through 4.3 releases. They were slow coming out with a 4.4 build so I am running Liquid KK which is adequate. I am grandfathered into the old unlimited data plan, I get 17+ down and 8 on the upstream on the phone here, so I run the house off the phones, got rid of cable net long ago. So tethering is important to me, then just a few other things like customizabe status bar/tiles and navbar. Other than that I don't have a lot of other use for elaborate features in a ROM. Nice n clean n smooth is all. May be switching to a different phone and poking around to see what's out there is all ...

If that's all you need.
Update to MK2, then root.
Install Xposed, then Wanam.
Saferoot -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
Google Wallet Patch -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454971
GS4 Tether Unlock -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512981
28th January 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #16  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 120

549 posts
More
I'm putting my S4 up on swappa in the next 24 hours. MDK FW, FLAWLESS screen and body 2 original chargers, 2 Spigen cases and MIME Ghost glass installed with original box, and never used original headphones. So if interested just keep en eye out for it,
28th January 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,096

3,955 posts
Donate to Me
More
You guys should check our BeanStalk 4.4 for the s4
Awesome ROM really smooth. I know in getting into the mdk game a little late but .. Worth checking out

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214

I'm putting my S4 up on swappa in the next 24 hours. MDK FW, FLAWLESS screen and body 2 original chargers, 2 Spigen cases and MIME Ghost glass installed with original box, and never used original headphones. So if interested just keep en eye out for it,

You won't have a problem getting rid of that

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread