New Firmware certified: 14.2.A.1.124

Search This thread

hovnovice

Dec 3, 2010
Kiev
Nexus 5 KitKat

By the way I was fed up waiting for Sony's updates , so I bought myself the Nexus 5 Kitkat (half price of our Sony Z1 unlocked) and I can simply say it's really a great phone , light , elegant , the ui is so smooth and friendly , the WIFI connexions , the battery are also great .In one word... for people like me, who don't really need the super camera with it.s 20.7 MP , that's a better phone with a better follow up from the Vendors Google ,specially if you use their services.. Just sharing my impressions..

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
By the way I was fed up waiting for Sony's updates , so I bought myself the Nexus 5 Kitkat (half price of our Sony Z1 unlocked) and I can simply say it's really a great phone , light , elegant , the ui is so smooth and friendly , the WIFI connexions , the battery are also great .In one word... for people like me, who don't really need the super camera with it.s 20.7 MP , that's a better phone with a better follow up from the Vendors Google ,specially if you use their services.. Just sharing my impressions..

No Camera, not even 13mpx just 8, No SD slot, No 3000mha battery, No water resistant....OK just Updates and Kitkat, yhea, Great but you missing many points.

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011

Better phone?

Let's compare

Z1:Better battery life, better camera, MUCH more premium quality, waterproof, microSD card

N5:Cheaper,latest Android version, slightly better display, smaller

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but the N5 is not better than the Z1 IMO. Yes, it's cheaper, and you get faster updates, but we're no longer living in the Froyo/Gingerbread era. Newer android versions doesn't really equate to faster performance anymore. Would it be nice to have the latest android version? Yes, but it shouldnt be a dealbreaker anymore.

You're paying for the premium quality of Sony. Have fun when your Nexus 5's back letters start falling off. For me a phone is as much about style as it is about performance. Like my watch and clothes it's a part of me and I carry it with me all the time. It has to look good too, and Sony's look the best and perform the best!

hovnovice

Dec 3, 2010
Kiev
No Camera, not even 13mpx just 8, No SD slot, No 3000mha battery, No water resistant....OK just Updates and Kitkat, yhea, Great but you missing many points.

I don't need a sd slot ( I have 25 GB in Google drive if needed) the Nexus 5 battery lasting more than 3000 mha.. because this phone doesn't have all the Sony bloatware...the water resistant is just a selling gadget.(how many of us swim with t their phone ..lol ) and last and most important I have no problem with my WIFI which we have with 4.3 on Z1 bug (association failed)

Reactions: lecomiquelin

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Sd card is nice cause its local..for when you font have a connection. Cloud storage is great in case you lose your card
Water proofing is great period
Bloat ware and skinning sometimes add functionality. But sometimes add battery drain
Updates..that argument is out of date as Android had moved more of their stuff to apps etc. And even with a Nexus you get left behind like the n4 with no gel.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

nb31b

Jan 14, 2014
I don't need a sd slot ( I have 25 GB in Google drive if needed) the Nexus 5 battery lasting more than 3000 mha.. because this phone doesn't have all the Sony bloatware...the water resistant is just a selling gadget.(how many of us swim with t their phone ..lol ) and last and most important I have no problem with my WIFI which we have with 4.3 on Z1 bug (association failed)
What Wi-Fi bug? My Wi-Fi was drastically improved with 4.3. Especially the signal strength

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

schickel

Mar 30, 2009
Munich
After 1,5 years using Sony XPERIA S and disappointing with updates and some other stuff, I also want to buy a Nexus 5. I wait some time and purchase Nexus 7 2013. It was with 4.3 and now I'm on CM11 (4.4). Difference? I can't "see" any differences, I can't "feel" any differences comparing 4.3 and 4.4.

So I give Sony another try knowing the issues with my S. But I'm very satisfied with my Z1. It is also fast, smooth and so on. Camera is good for me (hey, it's a Smartphone, no digicam) and about Sony Bloatware - root it and delete all this apps. Cloud-space I also have more then 600GB on my own server, but you can't move apps on the cloud and use it, so SD-Card is here a very important thing. Of course, Sony does not implentet apps2sdard like samsung, but with root it works and 64GB should be enough.

There is also the design and the haptic important. Plastic vs. glass and aluminium. For me waterproofness was not a decision criterion.

Sure, comparing phones is always with a touch of personal oppinion, but everyone knows why he own a N5 or Z1 or S4 or an half-eaten apple ;)

hovnovice

Dec 3, 2010
Kiev
After 1,5 years using Sony XPERIA S and disappointing with updates and some other stuff, I also want to buy a Nexus 5. I wait some time and purchase Nexus 7 2013. It was with 4.3 and now I'm on CM11 (4.4). Difference? I can't "see" any differences, I can't "feel" any differences comparing 4.3 and 4.4.

So I give Sony another try knowing the issues with my S. But I'm very satisfied with my Z1. It is also fast, smooth and so on. Camera is good for me (hey, it's a Smartphone, no digicam) and about Sony Bloatware - root it and delete all this apps. Cloud-space I also have more then 600GB on my own server, but you can't move apps on the cloud and use it, so SD-Card is here a very important thing. Of course, Sony does not implentet apps2sdard like samsung, but with root it works and 64GB should be enough.

There is also the design and the haptic important. Plastic vs. glass and aluminium. For me waterproofness was not a decision criterion.

Sure, comparing phones is always with a touch of personal oppinion, but everyone knows why he own a N5 or Z1 or S4 or an half-eaten apple ;)

Thanks fo your comments but you forgot one important issue , it's the price : I paid my Z1 800$ and N 5 345 $ ) Z1 is heavy N5 is light
Wifi bug with 4.3 , you are lucky not to have it ..Cheers

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So go, none of us will stop you. Stop flaming and buy iPhone.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The only problem I found on .290 is that sometimes after disconnect my phone from the charger or dock, it starts a huge battery drain (more than 5% per hour even if you're in flight mode), I think it's something related to protected content and music download info (these 2 appear in battery menu), the solution is a soft reset (power + volume up), restarting the phone don't work.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk Pro
    You know what they testing? Our Patience!! ..haha.. :D