Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prolem updating to CM 10.2.0

Tip us?

uaeted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Prolem updating to CM 10.2.0

Hi all!

So, I have an HTC One X as my primary phone, and when I tried to update it to CM 10.2.0 using the CM update (inside settings, I was on 10.1.2 I think) I got an infinite launch screen (the one with the rolling blue arrow).

I restarted the phone, and it did the same, so I started the phone on recovery mode (I have the Team Win Recovery v2.6.0.0), mounted the device, copied everything I need from the SD card, swiped everything, and tried a fresh install of CM 10.2.0.

So based on this topic (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2490492) I copied the cm-10.2.0-endeavoru.zip, gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip, recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.4.0-endeavoru.img and a SuperSU.zip (I had this file from the first time I installed the CM) into my SD, an started to follow the following steps:

1 Read the official wiki
2 Unlock your device via http://www.htcdev.com
3 Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery via Fastboot - not sure but I think I did it when I installed the CM on the first time
4 Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
5 Boot into Recovery
6 Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
7 Flash GApps zip from SDCard
8 Flash the boot.img included in the CM10.2 zip via Fastboot - don't know exactly what do this mean... I tried to install the img file but my recovery app don't let me install .img files I think...
9 DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
10 Reboot
11 Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
12 Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

So I think my problem is either on the step 3 or 8... The result, after install everything and wipe (ignoring the step 3 and 8) is the same infinite CM loading screen

Can you please help me? I don't have any phone now

Thanks a lot.

big noob
Old
Thanks Meter 88
When it tells you to flash boot.img..You must go Fastbood Mode.. (Power button and Volumen down) Then choose Fastboot..
Then in cmd navigate to folder where Fastboot files are downloaded example:
cd C:\Users\Name\Fastboot\
And then use this
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot erase cache

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
]Device: hTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
ROM: Stock 4.2.2

uaeted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by big noob View Post
When it tells you to flash boot.img..You must go Fastbood Mode.. (Power button and Volumen down) Then choose Fastboot..
Then in cmd navigate to folder where Fastboot files are downloaded example:
cd C:\Users\Name\Fastboot\
And then use this
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot erase cache

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Oh, so I need to do that on my computer... Totally make sense, and thats why the only version I can install is the 10.1.2, because that was the one I did properly, flashing the boot (a log time ago) and now a days thats the only version I can install with no problem... I've installed the 10.1.2 again (I needed the phone to work) but I will try again today to flash it and see what happens.

Thanks big noob (that should be my name)