Stuck with a Transformer that I can't change the ROM to

Tip us?

emyllis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Stuck with a Transformer that I can't change the ROM to

So a complicated story:
I bought a transformer prime some time ago then rooted it and installed WOOKIE rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1674827) then it's sat unloved for a few months.

However I've tried to resurrect it for the festive period and am in trouble. (I've been a keen user of the roms on here for many years, with a smart phone for over 10 years, so I'm not completely thick!)

I'm trying to get paranoid android on it;

However, as soon as I go to CWM and try to install the ROM I get a terrible error message, (Will update once I can get it on my screen but it's on 0% charge currently) but can roll back to install a backup, so that's not the end of the world.

So my issue is how do I get from what I have to where I want to go to?

I think the solution is as follows:

a) I need to get Clockwork ROM working well first. Any ideas?
b) I need to downgrade the ROM to something, But I'm unsure what
c) If a and b are in place, I think I can do the rest.

Please help me! All this talk of downgrading roms has confused me.
Thanks

zdenko1
Old
(Last edited by zdenko1; 23rd December 2013 at 06:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
1. Let go of CWM. No one uses it anymore. Download TWRP here: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 It will probably fix your errors and it has a lot more features than CWM, is more polished etc.
2. Without NVFlash you can't downgrade. Here is guide how to do it: https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/g...ash-jellybean/ If you don't want to downgrade I recommend you to install CMB rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2501812 It's Android 4.3.1, everything works and is probably fastest ROM that we can get on our primes.

emyllis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thank a bunch zdenko1.

I'm on the case, however I left my laptop entirely flat overnight, so it's upto 0% and 3% charged. And it's Christmas eve!

It's really good to have someone help me out with a bit of detail - so thanks for this.
If I don't post, assume it works, and here's to a peaceful Christmas break to you all
Thanks

emyllis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Now I think I have cooked my goose!
I was unable to get anywhere with this,
So with an air of confidence I ran a program (again the name escapes me) which lets you return your computer back to stock, from which one is able to get it working and you're back to square 1.
Great I thought and as ususal I throw my self both feet in.

It formats fine etc until it asks me to get the original update ROM/blob I think -

which I didn't have, so hen tried to download it and couldn't find it.

So now I think it really is screwed

Nothing formatted, I can't enter recovery mode and things are looking bad.

Does ODIN work/provide an answer? If so please help!
Thanks

emyllis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Of course I realise that ODIN is Samsung own!
So I think I need a ROM/BLOB that restores me to a working copy via bootloader?

Is that on the right line?
Thanks

emyllis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Just seeing if I have to give this up as lost and sell as broken or can it be resurrected?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks

mefloump
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
DO NOT INSTALL ANY OTHER RECOVERY WHILE USING THE NEW 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER, THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE AT THE MOMENT, THE ONE BUILT IN IS MODDED. USE THE DOWNGRADE ZIP TO TAKE YOU BACK TO 4.1.1 BOOTLOADER AND RECOVERY IF YOU NEED IT.
Using the link you provided in the OP, scroll down until you see the downgrade hairybean 4.1.1 bootloader and recovery. That should get you to a point of being able to flash a new rom.