Post Reply

New Firmware certified: 14.2.A.1.124

OP schickel

28th January 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #71  
schickel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 221
 
547 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
After 1,5 years using Sony XPERIA S and disappointing with updates and some other stuff, I also want to buy a Nexus 5. I wait some time and purchase Nexus 7 2013. It was with 4.3 and now I'm on CM11 (4.4). Difference? I can't "see" any differences, I can't "feel" any differences comparing 4.3 and 4.4.

So I give Sony another try knowing the issues with my S. But I'm very satisfied with my Z1. It is also fast, smooth and so on. Camera is good for me (hey, it's a Smartphone, no digicam) and about Sony Bloatware - root it and delete all this apps. Cloud-space I also have more then 600GB on my own server, but you can't move apps on the cloud and use it, so SD-Card is here a very important thing. Of course, Sony does not implentet apps2sdard like samsung, but with root it works and 64GB should be enough.

There is also the design and the haptic important. Plastic vs. glass and aluminium. For me waterproofness was not a decision criterion.

Sure, comparing phones is always with a touch of personal oppinion, but everyone knows why he own a N5 or Z1 or S4 or an half-eaten apple
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schickel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #72  
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 45
 
453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel

After 1,5 years using Sony XPERIA S and disappointing with updates and some other stuff, I also want to buy a Nexus 5. I wait some time and purchase Nexus 7 2013. It was with 4.3 and now I'm on CM11 (4.4). Difference? I can't "see" any differences, I can't "feel" any differences comparing 4.3 and 4.4.

So I give Sony another try knowing the issues with my S. But I'm very satisfied with my Z1. It is also fast, smooth and so on. Camera is good for me (hey, it's a Smartphone, no digicam) and about Sony Bloatware - root it and delete all this apps. Cloud-space I also have more then 600GB on my own server, but you can't move apps on the cloud and use it, so SD-Card is here a very important thing. Of course, Sony does not implentet apps2sdard like samsung, but with root it works and 64GB should be enough.

There is also the design and the haptic important. Plastic vs. glass and aluminium. For me waterproofness was not a decision criterion.

Sure, comparing phones is always with a touch of personal oppinion, but everyone knows why he own a N5 or Z1 or S4 or an half-eaten apple

Thanks fo your comments but you forgot one important issue , it's the price : I paid my Z1 800$ and N 5 345 $ ) Z1 is heavy N5 is light
Wifi bug with 4.3 , you are lucky not to have it ..Cheers
28th January 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #73  
schickel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 221
 
547 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovnovice

Thanks fo your comments but you forgot one important issue , it's the price : I paid my Z1 800$ and N 5 345 $ ) Z1 is heavy N5 is light
Wifi bug with 4.3 , you are lucky not to have it ..Cheers

Then you did something wrong I paid my Z1 650$ (480)
28th January 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #74  
Mazellat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Konya
Thanks Meter: 387
 
599 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Guys check this,new firmware is rolling out (14.2.A.1.136) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2627349
28th January 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #75  
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 45
 
453 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schickel

Then you did something wrong I paid my Z1 650$ (480)

We live in different countries, different price...nothing wrong
28th January 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #76  
schickel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 221
 
547 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovnovice

We live in different countries, different price...nothing wrong

And no doubt: N5 is also a very good device
28th January 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #77  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,387
 
6,598 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazellat

Guys check this,new firmware is rolling out (14.2.A.1.136) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2627349

It's nice but there's only info, mo ftf, no link, no confirmation.

I'm quite sure I won't update to 136.
My phone is working perfectly, so why to lose root for another 4.3

If you have problems with bluetooth or wifi, that O.K but I don't...


Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #78  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

It's nice but there's only info, mo ftf, no link, no confirmation.

I'm quite sure I won't update to 136.

Ok, but I don't like this disinformation. Anyone posting news about something what do not exist and people don't know where to looking.
28th January 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #79  
ImAnurag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 392
 
874 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Ok, but I don't like this disinformation. Anyone posting news about something what do not exist and people don't know where to looking.

that news came from flashtool developer, you can take it as a reliable source.!
28th January 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #80  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
The link is out of .136 FW

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 General by ThreadRank